Starfleet

The shuttle was already quite full when Kirk and Jessica boarded. But they managed to find two seats for them in the middle.

"Mom's going to kill me." Jessica leaned back and closed her eyes.

"Yeah well she actually has to be on planet to do that." Kirk put his arm around her shoulder and kissed her temple. "Besides. I'll be there. And that's all you need."

Jessica turned around and shook her head, a smile playing on her lips.

A female office began yelling and Jessica turned her head towards the argument. "You need a doctor."

There was a man in front of her. "I told you people, I don't need a doctor. I am a doctor."

The officer was getting impatient. "You need to get back in your seat."

Jessica was invested and peering foward.

"I suffer from aviophobia." The man pressed on. "That's fear of dying if something that flies."

The officer widened her stance. Her tone became cold and firm. "Sir for your own safety, sit down or else I'll make you sit down."

The man huffed and muttered something under hod breath before taking the only other seat available. Right next to Jessica.

"I may throw up on you Princess."

"I think these things are pretty safe." Kirk peered around his sister.

Both her and the man next to her scoffed.

The man croseed his arms. "Dont pander me kid. One tiny crack in the hull, and our blood boils in thirteen seconds."

Jessica chimed in without skipping a beat. "A solar flair could pop up and cook us in our seats."

The man chuckled. "And wait til your sitting pretty with a case of Andorian shingles. See if you're relaxed when your eyeballs are bleeding."

Jessica looked to Kirk. "Jim space is disease and danger after darkness and silence. I've told you all this before."

The man looked down at Jessica. "Where have you been all my life?You've got to be an incredible doctor."

Jessica blinked. "I'm seventeen."

"Ok I hate to break up this little pow wow." Kirk poked back in this conversation. "Which by the way she's my sister. But you both know Starfleet operates in space."

The man sighed. "Yeah well I've got nowhere else to go. The ex-wife took the whole damn planet in the divorce. All I've got left us my bones."

Jim smiled. "Jim Kirk. This is my sister Jessica."

The man smiled. "McCoy. Leonard McCoy."

It was a better shuttle ride than Jessica could hope for. The three of them becomes fast friends. San Francisco was absolutely beautiful and Jessica couldn't help but breath it all in.

"Jess." Bones called back and held out his hand. "Keep up. Neither of us want to lose you." Jessica looked back at the boys and then ran up in between them.

It was a long line as they were getting registered. Bone and Kirk had no problem. But they stalled at Jessica.
"No diploma, no admittance. Come back in 9 months once you've graduated."

"She's a genius. And would make a wonderful addition to the academy." Bones had lingered back to wait on her.

"Genius or not, we cannot -"

"At ease Ensing Davis. I have her records." Captain Pike handed Davis the Data PADD.

The Ensing looked everything over. "Very well." He handed her her entrance packets.

Jessica smiled. "Thank you Captain."

Pike smiled and clapped her on her shoulder. "Of course. Now I want to see your entrance exams."