Actions and Consequences

Another year and a half had whisked by in the blink of an eye. Jessica was happily into her thrid year at the Academy. Spock had mentioned several times that she could graduate early. But Jessica had her reasons for keeping on the path she was, selfish as those reasons were.
Bone and Jessica had begun clinicals together. Between that and being Spock's TA, she had enough on her plate.
It was a rare moment where her, Bones and Jim were all together. They were walking down the step of the main building.

Jim was ahead of both her and Bone, he turned around and faced them. He was beaming from ear to ear.

Bones pulled Jessica to a stop. He looked at Jim. "Why are you so happy?"

"I don't know what you two are talking about." Jim was almost giddy.

Jessica sighed. "No. I don't suppose you do."

Jessica went to continue down the stairs when her brother spoke those horrid words. "I'm taking the test again."

Jessica turned back to Jim and Bones shook his head before muttering. "You've got to be kidding me."

"And I want you both there."
Jessica was already shaking her head. "I have PICU rounds tonight. And I'm running and early exam tomorrow morning."

"Seriously?" Jim looked her up and down incredulously. "You've yet to tell me who you've been TAing with for the last year and a half. But by the amount of time you spent with this professor, I'm surprised I haven't seen a wedding invitation."

Jessica sighed and hugged her brother tightly.

Jim held her to him and looked at Bones. "Tomorrow morning."

Bones sighed. "You know I've got better things to do than watch you embarrass yourself for a thrid time. I'm a doctor Jim. I'm busy."

Jim let Jessica go and put an arm around her shoulder. "Doesn't it bother either of you that no one has passed the test?"

Jessica was never going to tell Kirk that she almost did had Spock not tweaked it at the last minute.

Bones threw his hands in the air. "Jim. It's the Kobayashi Maru. No one passes the test, and no one goes back for seconds, let alone a third time!"

Jim grabbed onto Jessica's shoulders and gave her that all to knowing smile.
Jessica shook her head before she spoke. "No."

"Jessie." Kirk kept on smiling. "Now those journals of yours. You have one for each of your major subjects."

"And they are my personal research Jim. Those journals are my babies. My pride and joy."

"A peak...please."

Jessica kissed his cheek. "Come find me once you've finished tomorrow." She headed off towards the Academy hospital.

Jim turned back to Bones. "I've got to study."

Bones went to catch up to Jessica. "Study my ass."

On barely no sleep, Jessica was proctoring Spock's exam so he could be with the Kobayashi Maru. It was monotonous work but Jessica didn't mind. She kept a timer on the board and looked up every now and then to make sure no one was cheating. It was more of a habit by now, Spock had programed an anti cheating program into all his exams. She had just began working in her research journals when the doors opened. Two commanding officers walked in.

Jessica immediately straightened up. Many students looked up. Jessica raised a hand and motioned for them to continue.

"Commanders, apologies. I was not informed of visitors in the middle of this exam."

"I'm Commander Fletcher, Cadet Kirk. I'm afraid there's a pressing matter that needs your attention."

Jessica looked at Commander Fletcher up and down and put her hands behind her back. "I have the right to know what is being asked of me."

Fletcher sighed and pulled out his PADD. He pulled up a document and then handed it over to Jessica.

Jessica read it. Didn't quite believe what she was reading. So she took a moment to herself.

Commander Fletcher broke the silence a few moments later. "I'll leave Commodore Zealand to protor this exam while I escort you to the courtroom."

Jessica had no choice, her hands were tied. One thing was certain. Anger in an Empath was a dangerous emotion.

The Final Frontier On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara