Kobayashi Maru Part 2

A half an hour before her scheduled exam, Jessica was pacing outside the simulation. Her nose was in her journals.

"Try to breathe Princess. Remember it's just a test." Ciara tried to reason with her.

"I'm sorry I'm late!" Bones ran down the hallway.

Jessica immediately looked up, and Bones immediately grabbed her and held her to him.

"You never responded to the email." Jessica grumbled into his chest.

"I was doing psych rounds last night Sweetheart."

Jessica sighed and looked up at him. "You're here now that's the important thing."

Bone kissed her forehead. "I always will be."

The four of them changed into their simulation uniforms. Jessica folded her hands together and gave them a squeeze to quit the shaking.

Five minutes before she could start, her crew were lead in. Bones and Ciara took the positions closet to her. Chapel took the medical position. Jessica knew she should have put Bones in medical, but she was having selfish reasonings.

Jessica looked at the Captains chair. Imposing for such a small thing.

"It's all yours...Captain." Bones gave her hand a squeeze before taking his seat. Jessica ascended the steps and took her place.

"Why Spock? Captain Pike settled next to the Commander. "If I didn't know better, I'd say you were excited."

"I don't know what you could possibly be referring to?" If Spock would of allowed himself, his nose would've been pressed against the glass.

"I mean you personally invited Cadet Kirk to take the Kobayashi Maru. I know she's one of your top students...you don't show favoritism..."

"She told you about the written invitation?"

Pike blinked. "Wait you hand wrote her an invitation??"

"It was in an attempt to show her that I value her as a student. That

Pike gave a nod, in all honesty trying not to grin ear to ear. "Sure. Sure."

As soon as the lights went on, Uhura lept into action. "We're receiving a distress signal from the USS Kobayashi Maru. The ship has lost power and is currently stranded."

Jessica gave a nod. "Keep all frequencies opened. McCoy, position us within 3000 meter from the Kobayashi Maru. Rescue shuttled are clear to depart."

"She's going to attempt a rescue. She's positioned herself well." Pike retorted.

Ciara chimed in. "Captain two Klingon Warbirds have entered the neutral zone and are locking weapons on us."

Shit. Whoever programed this - She gave herself a mental shake.

"Channels open?" She looked to Uhura and got a nod in response.

"This is Captain Jessica Kirk of the USS Simmons. You have entered Nutral Zone. This is your warning to head back into Klingon Space. If you do not, you give us no choice but to attack."

They were immediately fired on. Jessica gripped her seat. "Power to foward shields. Red alert."

"Moloughney, how's the rescue going?"

Ciara looked at her screen. "60% of the Kobayashi Maru evacuated Captain."

"Jess..." Bones chimed in.

"Bo - McCoy?"

Bones turned around and looked at her. "Three more Warbirds are appraoching."

They were all going to die. As an empath Jessica felt things too deeply. Her emotions suddenly felt to bright, to real. And that's when she briefly forgot this was a simulation. Her own Empathic powers seeping into her. This is why she didn't want to take the Kobayashi Maru. Because faced in this situation she was on a bridge. And Christine was dead. Ciara was dead. Uhura. Bones. Jim.

Spock.

"Captain." Bones looked at Jessica. He could tell she was spiraling and he was pissed.

"Keep us positioned so that we best protect the Kobayashi Maru. Then go into evasive maneuver 13."

The entire bridge looked at her.

"Jess..." Bones went to stand but Jessica held up her hand.

"Evacuate the ship. Rendezvous with the shuttles from the Kobayashi Maru. Head to the nearest Star Base."

"You Captain?" Ciara asked.

"I will buy you the time you all need."

When none of them moved Jessica took a breath. "That's an order."

One by one they headed out of the simulation. Uhura went out with the first three. Christine had to all but drag Ciara out.

Bones stood facing her. "Request to stay." He stood hard, hands balled into fists

"Request denied, Commander." Jessica held firm. They kept their eyes locked on one another. Tears were running down her cheeks.

Bones took her face in his hands and kissed her forehead the headed.

"Computer."

"Shuttles are evacuated Captain. Klingons targeting life supports."

Jessica blinked and went to the helm. She was able to lead the Klingon ships in the opposite direction of the shuttles before the simulation shut down.

It was over.