VI

First, let's not call them enemies.

Let's not even say they hate each other, because they clearly don't. Their relationship is the definition of complicated.

"-and she's gettin all dressed up for this dude that she so called 'met on the internet.' Like she ain't give me a whole lecture the other day about talking to strangers on the internet." Jade scoffed, slamming her backpack on the table to take out her lunch. "Anyways, they're going on another date tonight. She says I can meet him."

"Face gon' scare him away." Fez mumbled, Jade scowling and retracting the bag of his portion away from him.

"Bite me, bitch."

"Only if I take an arm."

At first, even though she didn't actually like the guy, Jade was happy that her mom was happy. She deserved to be happy with someone, Jade had that mentality. As long as you're breathing, you should be surrounded by people that love and care for you.

Then, around the time T finally got comfortable enough for him to be alone with Jade (like, three months in), she started to see his true colors. And suddenly, she wasn't happy anymore.

"I told you no guests."

"Fez, this is Henry. Henry, this is Fez." Jade dryly introduced them, sliding on her house shoes while Fez locked the door behind them. "He's not a guest, he's a stray."

"Woof." Fez smacked the back of her head, Jade glaring at him.

"Wrong animal, dumbass. Cats hit people." She hissed, smacking his arm before looking back at Henry. "And I told my mom last week that he would he here today."

"I don't thi-"

"Ask her. Come on, O'Neil." Jade moved past him, Fez shrugging at Henry when he turned his gaze on him and following after her.

"Why you can't call me by my name? I called you by yours."

"You called me 'bastard' any time you had to talk to me for three years straight."

"....fair."

It started with little shit. Every time Fez would come over, Henry would stop them at the door and go on about how he said no. Jade would say her mom said yes, which she did, and they would head to her room.

It pissed him off to no end knowing he had no control.

"What are you doing?" The two of them had looked up when her door opened, Henry propping it wide open with a chair. She rolled her eyes, going back to the schoolwork they were doing. "Whatever, Henry."

"No closed doors while you have boys over."

"The day I do anything with O'Neil is the day I get rich." Jade muttered, Fez pushing her over. "Hey! My mom is making bank, so you might get lucky."

"I'll be lucky? Do you know who I am?" They went quiet before cackling, shaking their heads and going back to their work.

"When my mom says watch, I don't think she meant literally." They were at the kitchen table this time, Henry sitting at the island and watching them do a project.

"Gotta make sure no one gets hurt." He sweetly said, Jade rolling her eyes.

"We're using safety scissors and glue. You gonna rush me to the hospital for a paper cut or somethin?" She was getting irritated by his stare, gathering up her supplies. "Come on, O'Neil."

"Woah, all proje-"

"I don't know what kind of goal you have here, but you're not gonna impress my mom by trying to father me." Jade snapped, eyeing him before heading upstairs.