𝖿᥆r𝗍ᥡ-𝖿᥆ᥙr - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ

6

"How have you been?" I asked, sitting across from her on the bed. "I haven't heard from you in a while. You haven't been anywhere, but you've been everywhere at the same time. It's weird."

Brielle laughed, tilting her head back. She grabbed her glass of water and took a long drink of it before setting it back down.

"I've been alright," she smiled, her body turning to lean against the wall, "I've just been sick lately I guess."

"Are you feeling any better? Can I get you anything?"

"No, no I'm fine. Thank you though."

I nodded my head.  She emptied the glass of water and set it down once more.

"I'm not real," she said matter-of-factly.

"Of course you are."

"I'm not Faye," She pushed, "I need you to know that."

"You are real."

I shot up, seconds from screaming, before she could rebuttal. 

It was just a dream.

Just a dream.

So then why did it feel so real?

I brought my hand up to my forehead, just to find the skin filled with sweat.

She's alive.

She drank the glass.

The glass.

I found the prop next to my bed.

It's full.

I wanted to scream.  I laid back in my bed, intertwining my hands and setting them on my forehead.  I tried to regain my breath, but it was useless.

Since I'm already sweating...

I was already halfway down the stairs before the thought could finish.

I stared at all of the equipment.  Everything called out to me, but in the same way, made me ill.

I ignored my distrusting thoughts before walking towards the mat on the floor.

Abs it is.

*********

"I need 80 bucks," my mother demanded, barging into my room without knocking.

"I don't have money on me right now," I dismissed, not looking up from the homework on my computer screen.

Out of the corner of my eye, I already saw my mother storming toward me.  Before I could react, she was closing the laptop, pinching my fingertips.  I slipped them out quickly after the initial shock dimmed.

"I told you I need money.  I know you aren't poor."

"I know I'm not," I counteracted, "I just don't have money on me right now.  I'm sorry."

"Don't lie to me.  I've worked so hard to give you this dream life you deserve!  Do you know how many girls would kill to be in your position?  If I, your mother, tells you I need a hundred bucks, then you give me a hundred bucks."  she held her hand out expectantly.

"I thought you just needed eighty."

"Are you trying to gaslight me!?"

"Well, no, I just-"

She quickly grabbed the closest object and threw it against the wall.  I flinched in fear.  I couldn't see the object, but I could hear a crack against the wall.