sᥱ᥎ᥱᥒ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆

I ran into the locker room after a long and tiring game.  Surprisingly, we won this time.  It was only a couple extra points but points more or less.

I changed into my normal clothes and got out of the room before anyone could talk to me.  Ethan told me before that he wasn't driving with me so I skipped showering and just drove home.

I pulled into the driveway and saw my mother's car gone and Faye's still there.  She's usually home so it wasn't much of a surprise.

I made my way up to my room, passing Faye's and my mother's.  I grabbed some sweatpants that I was about 60% sure were clean which is good enough, and a sweater, before walking into my bathroom.

I quickly took a shower and heard my stomach growl.  I made my way downstairs and to the kitchen.  I raided the fridge and grabbed some things.

I made my way through the kitchen until I finished making some pasta.  I grabbed myself a bowl and kept the rest on the stove for anyone to eat. 

I started eating when I heard a knock on the door.  I walked over and opened the door to see Kai standing there.

"Hey Kai," I said, walking back to the kitchen.  "Faye, Kai's here!" I yelled up, sitting back on the barstool.

I heard footsteps walking down and looked over to see Faye hugging Kai.  She looks so small compared to him.

"I made some pasta if you guys want some," I told them, before pulling out my phone.

"Sure." Kai answered at the same time Faye said, "No thank you," Kai walked over and grabbed a bowl before making his way with Faye to the couch.

I finished up my serving and cleaned up the reminders of the kitchen mess.

The night was still young so I grabbed my phone and walked outside. I strolled throughout the neighborhood, feeling the soft breeze hit my face.

The moon was just beginning to form and the stars were coming out. The atmosphere was calm, something I didn't have much of anymore.

I made my way back home after a couple of blocks before it got dark, but I didn't want the night to end yet.

I made my way into my room and changed. I grabbed a towel and walked back downstairs.

I walked to the back and opened the sliding door to see the moonlight reflecting off the pool. We didn't use it much anymore, so I might as well make some use out of it.

I set the towel on the deck and dove into the pool. The water was cold but soothing. I made my way to the corner and looked up. It was a full moon tonight, surprisingly. The stars all allowed beautifully. I sighed contently before hearing the door.

My head shot over to see Faye. She had changed into Jean shorts and an old t-shirt. I never saw her in anything other than sweats.

"Hey," she greeted softly.

"Hi," I choked out, still shocked she was here.

She came and sat next to where I was leaning and put her feet in the water.

Silence filled everything. I wanted to say something, but how would I talk to her? She's so complicated.

After about ten minutes of unbearable silence, I decided to just enjoy the silence rather than try to figure Faye out.

I stared up at the moon, admiring its bright glow and how the stars shone around it.

The silence slowly morphed from uncomfortable to soothing within the passing seconds.

I tried to think of something to say but my mind faded in and out of the idea. I wasn't sure what topics to stay clear of and what to talk about. I want to build a relationship with her, but she's so impossible to talk to.

"When's your next shoot?" I tried, breaking the silence. She sighed and looked back at me, meeting my gaze.

"Two days. I don't really like the company but it is what it is," She replied, looking back down at the water.

"Your birthday's coming up. Two weeks," I smiled, hoping this would spark something.

"Is it? I kinda forgot," she laughed. I missed that laugh.

"What do you want," I asked, trying to plan something to get her.

"I don't really want anything."

"Come on, you have to want something."

"I don't. I don't even know if I want to celebrate my birthday in general."

"Faye," I said seriously, "We are celebrating your birthday. You're turning 17, that's not going unnoticed."

"Fine, but no party."

"Deal. And since you won't tell me what you want I guess I'll have to figure something out," I rolled my eyes.

"How's Ethan? I haven't seen him today, it was unusual."

"He's fine, just went to a party."

"You didn't go?"

"No, not really my thing."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Too many people."

"Yeah, I get that. Modeling is like that sometimes. The space is always crowded with other girls and the staff trying to get everyone ready, it gets stressful sometimes."

"You don't have to go, it's your decision."

She was silent a couple of seconds before she choked out, "No, I want to go, it just gets a little crowded is all." I nodded and looked back up at the sky.

"How's Kai?"

"He's alright, he's Kai." I laughed and sat up on the edge of the pool near Faye.

"What time is it?" I asked after a bit. She pulled her phone out of her back pocket and turned it on.

"Half past ten."

"I should probably go." she nodded and stood up with me.

I grabbed my towel from the deck and started drying myself off. Faye silently walked inside. I ran up the stairs to my room and turned the shower on once again. I usually didn't take two showers but I needed to get the chlorine out o my hair before it messes it up tomorrow.

I quickly got in and out and put on some comfortable clothes. I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling. Today was good. I should talk to Faye more, it was nice, she was nice, a side of her I didn't see much of.

I closed my eyes with my content thoughts surrounding me before drifting to my sleep.

QOTD: What's something you've done today?

Word Count: 1073