𝖿᥆ᥙr - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ

Saturday. A day to remember that life is still life.

I was going out with Kylie and Izzie. They were my only actual friends and I hadn't seen them in months.

We were going to Kylie's house to watch some movies. We used to do it all the time when we were kids and I was excited to get back to old habits.

I pulled into the driveway and already saw Izzie's car in the driveway. I walked into the house and got greeted by Nellie, Kylie's Newfoundland.

I walked over to the kitchen and saw Izzie and Kylie raiding the cabinets.

"Hey, Faye!" Kylie smiled, "Grab some snacks, the movie's cued up on the TV."

I smiled and walked over to the fridge and began scanning it. I grabbed a bottle of water and opened it, chugging down half of it.

I looked throughout the fridge until I found the vegetable drawer. I opened it and pulled out the broccoli.

"Please tell me that is not what you are gonna be eating," Izzie said, clearly annoyed.

"Yeah, I don't want much," I awkwardly laughed.

Izzie rolled her eyes and went back to scrolling through the cabinet.

I washed the broccoli under the sink and grabbed a plate. I set it down on the plate and walked over to the couch and set it on the coffee table.

Izzie and Kylie soon joined with armfuls of unhealthy junk. I could never eat something like that.

Kylie grabbed the remote and started the movie while Izzie opened a bag of chips. I awkwardly sat in the middle of them, waiting for the tension to even out.

About halfway through the movie Kylie sat up and grabbed her phone.

"I'm gonna order some pizza. What do you guys want?"

"Pepperoni!" Izzie almost yelled.

"Faye?"

"Pepperoni's fine," I mumbled.

Kylie nodded and walked over to the kitchen to call the pizza place. I sighed and turned back to the TV. The broccoli was almost gone and I felt guilty. How much weight was I gonna gain from that? I'm gonna have to work out harder later. But I'm already tired. Whatever beauty is pain.

Kylie walked back and sat back on the couch and we all went back to the movie.

About 15 minutes later, a knock on the door. Kylie sat up and patted her pockets, finding a 20. She walked over and opened the door, handing the man the 20.

Kylie walked back over with the pizza and set it in front of me. The smell invaded my nostril, burning them. Izzie opened the box, immediately taking a slice. The thought of eating that made me sick. It looked so greasy and disgusting.

After Izzie and Kyle had already devoured half of the pizza, I got funny looks.

"Are you gonna eat anything?" Kylie asked, looking at me weirdly.

"I'm not that hungry."

"Come on Faye. One slice won't hurt anything."

I rolled my eyes and took a slice. I angrily took a bite and glared at her.

"Happy?" I grumbled.

"Very," she smirked, sinking back into the seat.

I rolled my eyes and ate the rest of the slice. Surprisingly, it was delicious. I grabbed another slice when I finished the first and began eating it, getting looks of approval from Izzie and Kylie.

The movie finished when I was about halfway through my slice.

"You guys wanna watch another one?" Kylie asked, grabbing the remote. My and Izzie both mumbled in approval and Kylie turned on the next movie.

I finished the second slice and immediately wanted a third. Izzie and I both took the last two slices at the same time, leaving the box empty.

I finished the third slice after a couple of minutes and started to feel sick.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom," I said, already walking away.

I turned into the first room and sat near the toilet. I tried to get the food out of my system but nothing was coming up.

Come on, I thought, Please. She's gonna be so disappointed.

I sat there for several minutes before getting up and leaving the bathroom.

I sat back down and watched the rest of the movie in silence.

The second movie came to an end and I couldn't stay any longer.

"I have to go," I said, standing up. "My mom needs me for something."

"Oh, okay," Izzie sighed, disappointed.

I ran out to my car and started pulling out of the driveway. I drove back home, scolding myself for being so stupid.

I got home and immediately noticed my mother's car not being there. Good. That gives me more time.

I got out of my car and walked inside. The lights were all off and everything was silent. Nobody was home.

I threw all of my stuff on the counter and bolted for the basement.  I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and searched for any of my workout plans.  I needed to do a decent amount to get those disgusting pieces of grease out of my system.

I started doing my abs workout, doing twice the amount as I would typically do.  By the time I was done I was so worked up, but so tired.

I'll take a break.  Everyone needs a break, right?  5 minutes.  That's all I get.

I walked upstairs and saw the house was still completely empty.  I sat back on the couch and let out a breath.

I walked over to the kitchen and raided the fridge, grabbing a bottle of water.  I chugged half of it and set it on the counter before contemplating my next move.

I decided to take a run and finish the rest of the workout tomorrow.  I'll just wake up really early before my mother and finish my workout then.

I grabbed my phone and shoved it in my pocket before tying up my hair and putting on my shoes.

I opened the door and let the humid air hit me in the face.  It may only be the beginning of October, but it was still as hot as the summer.

I walked out into the sidewalk before sprinting away from my house.

People always say "pace yourself" but people only have to pace themselves when they can't handle the pain.  I can handle the pain.  I've been handling the pain for enough time to know the side effects.  But soon enough, you forget what pain really is.

————————

After about an hour, I finally made it back to my house.  There still weren't any cars in the driveway which gave me enough time to figure out my next move.

I ran up to my bedroom and grabbed a pair of sweats and an oversized t-shirt and walked into the bathroom.  I turned on the cold water and wasted no time stepping in and feeling the freeze of the water seep down my back.

I washed my body and made sure my hair didn't touch much of the water.  I just washed it, I didn't need to get it wet.

I got out of the shower and started doing my skincare routine and started feeling my eyes droop down.  That's not good.

I walked into my bedroom and pulled out my phone, setting an alarm for 6 tomorrow morning.  That gave me enough time to get everything I needed done by tomorrow.

As soon as my body hit the fluffy mattress, I was out cold.

QOTD: What's your favorite book?

Word Count: 1255