𝖿᥆r𝗍ᥡ-ᥒіᥒᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆

1

Faye was acting weird. She seemed weak but not at the same time, as if she was just putting up a facade.

We were at the burial and she was stumbling a bit. I knew something was wrong but I tried not to pay mind to it, not wanting to endlessly pry.

She sat in the grass and I'd hoped she'd finally be fine, and she was.

Until she wasn't.

It all happened so fast. She was on the ground, and then she was running. I heard her whisper something before she took off, but I wasn't paying enough attention to decipher what it was.

As soon as I got over the initial shock, I was chasing her. You'd think that since I'm a football player I'd be faster.

You'd be wrong.

I didn't understand why she was running so fast. I couldn't keep up. My lungs constricted in my chest as I attempted to get out any breathing I could.

I shrieked out her name to which she didn't even flinch. She couldn't hear me. I screamed louder. I didn't even notice Ethan running behind me, or the fact that my hands were shaking beyond compare.

The two of us ran as fast as our legs could take us while crying out Faye's name.

"Brielle!" She called out dramatically.

Brielle?

I ran even faster which I didn't know was possible I still didn't understand how someone so small can run so fast.  Tears of confusion and fear grew in my eyes.

"Faye!" I screamed out uselessly.

Except it wasn't useless.

She stopped slowly and turned around, stumbling slightly to her right. I slowed my pace as to not to scare her, but still fast enough to where I could get to her.

But I was too late.

She was on the ground within seconds. Her eyes slowly shut and I collapsed to the ground near her.

"Umm, E-Ethan," I sputtered out, keeping the tears in my eyes, "C-call s-somebody please."

"I'm already on it," he whispered gently, his hand making tiny circles on my back in comfort. I pushed it away, in attempts to decipher what was real in that moment and what was fake.

I picked up her hand that was laying on the grass.

She was so cold.

I brought her to her back and took my two fingers up to her neck.

I felt the pulse of her veins under my fingers and sighed in relief, bringing my head to her chest.

She looked so pale and helpless. Had she always looked like this? Had I just missed everything?

If I'd missed this, what else had I missed?

What was I even missing?

Her life? Her well being? Her?

I felt her freezing hand again before taking off my jacket and putting it on her body. I shivered at the wind hitting my bear arm, but didn't have it in me to care.

Ethan came back over and informed me that people were on their way.

Not fast enough.

They should be here.

I should be doing something.

I needed to help any way I could. I dug my arms under her body and picked her up. She barely weighed anything.