𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-ᥱіgһ𝗍 - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ

Kai texted me later that night, apologizing for what seemed like the millionth time this month.

I forgave him for what seemed like the millionth time this month.

All relationships have their ups and downs. I loved him. He was just at one of his downs. We would get through it. I just had to stay by for his lows to be there for his highs.

Three days until our anniversary.  I still had a couple of things I needed to pick up, but for the most part, it was done. 

Brielle called me this morning almost bursting my eardrums with her squeals.

I'm guessing my brother said yes.

"He told me this morning to get ready for tonight!" She screamed.

"Brielle."

"Yeah?"

"Calm down.  He's my brother meaning I'm a bit biased, but I'm not sure what you see in him."

"I'm not dating you, I'm dating your brother.  I see what I see." She said defensively.

I held my hands up in mock surrender.

Then put them down in shame realizing she was on the phone.

I hung up after talking with her for a couple of minutes longer.

School.

The dreaded school.

I had to leave soon.  Or I could skip.  I couldn't skip.

I piled into my car and began driving to Izzy's.

After she made her way to the front seat, she started talking about how it's been "forever since we've gone out together". I just nodded my head, acting like I was listening.

Sometimes people can wait. Sometimes they can take me not listening. It won't kill them, but it may kill me if I don't take the second.

Breathe in. Hold. Breathe out.

I parked in Kylie's driveway and waited for what seemed to drag on for hours before she came running out, almost falling face-first.

I drove as fast as I could without getting a ticket and pulled into the school.

Push through. Whatever it is someone else is going through something worse. Push through.

And there I found myself in History with Mr. Raagen.

********

Kai pulled me aside before lunch started to a little tree out in the field.

"I'm really sorry and I know I say that a lot but I really am.  I just really thought you cheated and it stressed me out because I thought I was going to lose you," he rambled, finally looking me in the eyes, "I'm sorry.  I just- I love you."

"Kai," I said, grabbing his face with my hands, "I told you it's fine. It was a curling iron burn, nothing more.  I love you too."

He looked down at me, then kissed me gently.  It was sweet, unlike most of our kisses.

He took me by my waist and hugged me tight, lightly kissing the back of my neck.

We stayed there hugging each other for what seemed like hours. His hands were on my waist and mine around his neck.

It was perfect.

Everything was absolutely perfect.

**********