Chapter 21

In your world

The scientists got the results from Kai's whereabouts to find out he was dead, killed by the phantom troupe. They were shocked by the news, but deep down they were happy that he was gone.

Suddenly, the machine began to malfunction as they all panicked and tried to fix it, but no use. A female scientist wrote a note to you about the machine failing before sending it through the portal.

Then the machine broke and fell to pieces. You had no way to get home until it was fixed.

          //////////———————-//////////

You got the note, shocked by the news before crumpling it up in a ball and throwing it in the bin. You didn't care. You had nothing waiting for you in your world, nothing exciting.

In this world, you found love and happiness. You found and experienced things you would never have found in your world.

Illumi had read the note before looking up at you, a hint of curiosity in his eyes as he asked,
" You don't care about going back to your old life?"

You thought for a moment before shaking your head. You looked up to meet his gaze,
" No, I have everything I could possibly want here. I had nothing back home, "

He hummed in response before throwing the ball of paper back in the bin. He walked over to you before placing his arms over your shoulders from behind. You leant into his touch before he exclaimed,
" I'd rather you be here than out there anyways, "

You giggled before kissing his cheek. At least you could finally be happy. Alina ran into the bedroom with her arms out, laughing in happiness. You smiled at her before picking her up and resting her on your hip.

She cheered,
" Kalluto has been teaching me how to do origami! He's the bestest friend I've ever had!"

You chuckled as Illumi ruffled her hair, and for a split second, you looked like you were a family.

////////———————///////

A few years later

You gasped in shock at the sight of Illumi on one knee in front of you, holding out a diamond ring. Happy tears pricked your eyes as you tried your best to hold in your sobs.

He exclaimed,
" Y/n, you're the most beautiful and caring person I've ever met. You're my world. Please do the honor and become my future wife?"

Alina, who was now 9 years old, cheered happily as you accepted. He placed the ring on before you hugged him tightly, not wanting to let go. The Zoldycks cheered, some just clapped instead.

You pulled away from the hug before you was pulled into a passionate kiss, his arms wrapped around your waist and pulled you closer. You were finally happy, and no one was going to take it away from you.

The end