2- Midnight Train

"Four years we wasted squabbling over a peninsula's sovereignty. And our two main battle titans were nearly shredded by the enemy fleet. 'Human ingenuity surpasses and shatters Marley's armour at last'" a man says as he throws the newspaper onto the table, taking a seat the head of the table, "the press from other nations is commending the Mid-East Forces. Does this sound like a victory for Marley to you? Magath, do you care to comment?".

"General, I'm afraid the time has come" Commander Magath says as he looks at the General, "that is, humanity has eclipsed the power of the titans. While we've been heavily relying on titans and colonial expansion, other nations have been developing weapons to counter us. As a result, our strategy has come back to bite us in the ass. For the time being, our titans remain unrivalled when it comes to land battles. However, if aircraft keep advancing at this rate, bombs will soon fall like rain. All while titans, the devils of the Earth, can do nothing but look up and watch".

"Do we not have any titan with wings?" the General asks as he leans his head on his fist.

"General. I'm trying to say that the era of titans-" Commander Magath says as he places his hands on the table.

"I know" the General says as he interrupts Commander Magath, "in the near future, we will lose our initiative in war. No, perhaps we already have. Though once the heroes who crushed the Eldian devils, look what we've become".

"If I may, General" Zeke says as he puts his hand up slightly, "requesting permission to give counsel".

"Zeke, the wonder boy. Go ahead" the General says as he looks at Zeke.

"We should resume the Paradis Island Operation and recover the Founding titan" Zeke says as he stands up from the table, "as Commander Magath was saying, Marley need to develop better weapons. However, the world will not stand by and wait. Our military needs time to completely restructure. But for that, the newspapers of the world must read this: 'Marley Occupies Paradis and Wields the Power of All Titans'".

"You have one year left in your term, correct?" the General says as he folds his arms.

"Yes, and I'm concerned that Colt can't inherit the full power of the Beast titan" Zeke says shamelessly, not caring Colt is right behind him.

"I see. In your last year, you wish to redeem yourself for your defeat four years ago?" the General says as he looks at Zeke, "the sick exploits of Grisha Jaeger should be brought to an end by none other than me, his former son".

The meeting ends and Zeke pulls Colt aside so they can have a chat.

"Sorry I bashed you to further my agenda, Colt" Zeke says as he and Colt walk up the stairs.

"Don't be. You were amazing" Colt says happily, "to think, an Eldian being heard by the General! There hasn't been a Beat like you in its history. Sometimes it reminds me of the Founding titan. Why are you so special? It's not like you have any royal blood".

"Who knows? Guess I'll be dead before we figure it out" Zeke says as he lights a cigarette, "oh, but when you inherit my titan and my memories, you'll learn my big secret".

"Secret? What is it?" Colt asks as he looks at Zeke.

"The special way I wipe my ass. Hope you won't tell anyone" Zeke says with a slight chuckle.

"Too late, I want a report" Commander Magath says as he walks towards the two of them.

"Commander!" Zeke and Colt say as they both salute to Commander Magath.

"Everything down to the hairs on your ass. You think you Eldians get privacy?" Commander Magath asks as he stands in front of the two of them.

"No, sir" Zeke says as he lights Commander Magath's cigarette for him.