Chapter thirteen

10th February 2006

While waiting for your order in the local cafe, you tapped your nails on the wooden table and messaged your friends. Takemichi even tried to call you and messaged you multiple times but you ignored him, not wanting to listen to his time traveler fantasies.

Shion felt his heart burst out of his chest, what on earth were you doing here? He couldn't let you see him like this, in his employee uniform! What if you thought he was lame and didn't want to talk to him anymore? To Shion, you looked like a girl who loved her man tough, strong and rich, not a loser who worked in a cafe as a part time job!

The blond took a deep breath. With your order on his plate, he wended his way over to you, praying his little visor would hide his face from you.

"Here is your order." He placed the plate in front of you and tried walking away as soon as possible. "Ah, thank you, Shion!" Shion stopped in his tracks and slowly turned around. How did you know it was him?

You just looked at him up and down and sipped on your drink. His light blond hair and tribal lion tattoo were enough to catch your attention.

"...Hello! Ahah.." you tapped your foot on the seat in front of you."The uniform suits you. Come sit with me!" Shion removed his visor before obeying and sitting down on the chair.

He avoided your gaze, looking at his now weirdly interesting fingernails. "So..." You started the conversation. "You work here?" The male nodded, still avoiding your sparkly gray irises. "That's cool! It's a nice place to talk and relax with your friends. I come here often." You took a bite out of your cookie.

Shion lifted his head to look at you. You smiled brightly at him, cookie crumbs resting on the corner of your mouth. Shion's soul almost left his body. Were you playing with him or were you completely oblivious to the effects you had on him?

Your date shook his head and took a deep breath. He wanted to ask you if you found him lame, but the question itself was lame. "You have something there, I'll get it for you." You stared at Shion's deep black eyes as he leaned forward to caress your cheek and remove the cookie crumbs.

Madarame felt his heart skip a beat, he was so close to your lips. Shion was so attracted to your shiny eyes that he lost his balance, falling on the table and spilling your drink on your pretty shirt. You both gasped at the same time, every person present in the cafe stared at you and your clumsy partner.

Shion panicked, rubbing his sleeve on your chest to dry the tainted shirt, only to make the mess even messier. "I am so sorry! Let me help you-" You groaned and pushed his hand away. You covered your dirty top with your jacket and stood up. "Ugh, it was my favorite!" You stormed out the cafe, leaving the money for the cookies and the drink on the table.

One of Shion's co-worker approached him. "Isn't she the girl you bragged about since last month?" He placed a hand on his shoulder."Damn, man-" "Shut up." Shion slapped the hand away and pinched the bridge of his nose. Today was a bad day, he had to work overtime, bumped into you, spilled your drink and he had a meeting in one hour right, after his shift. You even left without accepting his apology or saying thank you...

🫧💐🫧💐🫧💐🫧💐

Tetta sighed as he listened to Shion brag about the "hot gyal" he pulled a month ago. "I swear, she said I was a lover boy and I know she wants me. She kept trying to make eye contact today! The way she was looking at me I swear she wanted something from me-" "Wow, what the fuck?"

Your brother groaned and ran a hand through his hair. He had called a meeting with the S-62 generation minus Mucho plus Hanma, but it ended one hour ago. The problem, there were still seven men squatting in his house like rats in an attic.