-- CHAPTER 13: Apollo

FANART SECTION

Wilbur in book one belike

Made by: Fae!

________________________________________________________________________________

Fundy is not a good person. He can say that much. And despite knowing that his actions are absolutely horrible, very scandalous and even perverse, he can't help but be enchanted whenever he's surrounded by your scent. Simply the presence of which can already make his heart skip a few beats, but in your room, there's nothing else to find.

A few nights ago, he ended up entering his father's old study room, wanting to show you something he'd found. The object in and of itself is pretty irrelevant: he really just needed an excuse to talk to you. But when he came inside, your bed was made and you were nowhere to be found.

And well, ever since then this habit has started developing itself. Whenever he knows you're outside with Wilbur, he goes inside your room, just sitting there and enjoying the ambiance that screams your name. Usually, he's able to control himself too, and leave in time to prevent being caught. However, there are also moments where he can't choose what to do. After all, he could also just allow himself to be caught, and then come up with some believable excuse, right? Surely, you'd forgive him anyway. You're a good person; he genuinely believes this. His consciousness can tell him what it wants, but you're as perfect as mother nature herself.

What Fundy does inside your room, will never leave its walls. Like an addict, he chases what is dear to him and drowns himself in anything that can give him the much-needed relaxation and relief. And well, as he glances over at the clock hanging on your wall, he watches as the hands of time tick further. The sounds of footsteps alarm him, but he doesn't move an inch, freezing as the light on the hall gets turned on. Only then, he realizes that he doesn't want to be caught yet. It's not time yet for Dream to come put your clean clothes in your room, so the fox assumes that you're finally done messing around with his father. Quickly standing up quietly from the ground, he rushes to go into the walk-in closet, where he silently closes the doors and looks through the crack.

He attempts to calm down his heavy breathing, knowing that he has no business whatsoever to be here, and has no excuse to be hiding in your closet either. The sounds of muffled voices in the hallway is easily audible, and Fundy can hear yours and Wilbur's, having a conversation that doesn't sound particularly friendly. The door opens and he closes his eyes at the strong scent of chlorine, hoping they'll not be visible until Wilbur's gone. If you end up seeing him, he won't be that concerned. You'll be a lot less strict to him about it, for one, and that's if you even conclude that you're being watched by a good friend. You can easily shrug him off as a cat that came in, right? It's not rational, but it's the option you'd prefer.

"Come on, Y/N, you should at least let me help you," his father says, stubbornness giving his tone some flavour as Fundy imagines your feet leading you towards the bed, where you sit down. In reality, though, the noises make it sound as though you're stumbling, depending on the walls on which you lean to maintain some sort of balance. You're panting, squeaks leaving your throat, like a child having run a thousand miles to outrun some horrid beast. "Here, let me help you with your medicine."

"If you dare to do as much as touch me, I'm going to put a bullet through that empty brain of yours, Soot," you strictly say, hostility evident by merely the words that leave your lips. "All I did was puke. I'm fine."

But you're not. The words come out barely formed, almost as if your lips have difficulty moving properly. Your voice scrapes through your throat, after which you burst out into a violent coughing fit. "No reason to be so pissed about it, it's not my fault you had to vomit all over the floor."