Cassandra Waters

Cassandra POV

I was on my way to my dorm a week before school started. I was really excited because my new roommate was arriving today! When I reached the door I fumbled with my keys for a moment before letting myself in. Wait a sec, I should back the T-Rex up a bit (KOTLC anyone? Sorry couldn't resist :) My name is Cassandra. Cassandra Waters. I'm a Roman demigod, daughter of Ceres. My side of the room may or may not be covered in plants. I have forest green eyes, and long, straight brown hair, that I usually have in a braid down my back. My roommate's name is Annabeth Chase. I haven't met her, but according to the dorm office, she's a Greek demigod, daughter of Athena, and really nice. Anyway, now that you're all caught up, back to the story. I fumbled with the keys for a second and then let myself in. Sitting at the desk on my roommate's side of the room was a beautiful girl with long blonde princess curls in a ponytail down her back.

"Hi, I'm Cassandra, but you can call me Cass or Cassie. Are you Annabeth? My roommate?" I ask the mystery girl.

"Huh? Oh uh, hi! Yeah I'm Annabeth. Nice to meet you." She says to me, looking up from her blueprints. I set my stuff down as we start to talk and get to know each other. Soon, it's like 10pm and we haven't had dinner yet!

"Oh my gosh look at the time!" I exclaim, glancing at the clock.

"Oh schist, I promised Seaweed Brain that I'd help him study in the morning...we should get to bed." She says to me.

"Um...earth to Annabeth? Who's seaweed brain?" I ask confused.

"Oh uh, sorry, that's my nickname for my boyfriend, Percy. I'm going to go grab some chips and crash. If you don't mind?" Annabeth says.

"Sure! Can you grab me some chips though too?" I reply.

"Sure."

-•oOo•-

Annabeth comes back with the chips and I ask her about her boyfriend. She gets this dreamy look in her eyes and starts describing him. When we finally get to bed I don't believe he's real anymore. I mean he seems too perfect, you know? My last thought before I went to sleep was that if this guy was real, I had to meet him.

-•oOo•-

In the middle of the night I was woken by a loud scream. I heard thumping next door and in the hallway, then a key being jammed into our lock as someone came in. A guy with messy black hair, as if he had just rolled out of bed rushed in and sat on Annabeth's bed.

"Shhh, it's okay Wise girl, I'm safe. We're out of there. You're okay..." I slowly climbed out of my bed and crept over to Annabeth and the mystery boy. Annabeth continued to thrash about but was slowly calming down in the boy's embrace. Now that I was close enough, I could see his sea green eyes.

"Are you...Percy Jackson?" I asked. I should have put the pieces together. I had fought with him a year ago when Polybotes invaded camp Jupiter. He gave me my imperial gold dagger.
Annabeth said that her boyfriend had saved the world multiple times, but hadn't gone into detail.

"The one and only." He rolled his eyes. "Noe please move out of the way so I can finish calming her down."

I quickly shot across the small room to sit on my bed as he continued to murmur sweet nothings into her ear. Suddenly Annabeth shot up, bonking her head on Percy's chin.

"Ow! Wise girl..." Annabeth started sobbing into his shirtless chest.

"D-d-damasen d-d-didn't come....s-so you s-s-stayed behind..." she wailed. Who's Damasen? I wondered

"Shh, I'm here. He saved our butts, we're okay. We're together. I'm right here." He said and Annabeth calmed down and fell asleep again.

"Who is Damasen? What happened? Will Annabeth be okay?" I asked Percy once her lay Annabeth down and covered her up again.

"Damasen..." he started to tear up a little bit. "He was a friend. Annabeth had a nightmare, she gets them a lot. That's why I'm right next door, instead in the boys dorm. So we can calm each other down. We both have PTSD from what happened...we don't like to talk about it." He told me. I'll admit I had been wondering why he was next door. "She'll be okay in the morning. Do you mind if I..." he gestured to Annabeths bed. I only nodded. I realized how tired I was and slowly climbed back into my own bed.

And that was how I met Percabeth.

It's another cliché roommate meets Percabeth but ya know I'm exhausted and today was a rare snow day. I live in Michigan so it's really cold here. I went skiing today. Where do you guys live? Do you get a lot of snow? Also I will do requests so please comment and vote!
-Oreo