Episode 8 - Home at Last

Gemma's mother got the needle and thread and began to sew me together again. "Ouch that hurt!" I had to be very brave when she pricked and prodded me with the needle and thread. It hurt a lot, but it was a good pain that I knew was from love, not like the other pains I'd suffered. I could handle this. I was loved again.

At last! When I was all sown up: something was still missing. What was wrong? Everything was all black, white and grey still. What could it be? Oh I was very happy again to be back with my Gemma, but still . . .

"Brown Bear, look! I found this outside the picket gate. We can sew it back on now, to my soft, cuddly bear." Gemma had something in her hand, she showed it to me. It was a small-yellow glass eye. They had found my other eye! Oh how exciting! Gemma's mother got busy again with the needle and thread. "Ouch! Ooooh!" After a few more pricks and prods, all the colours of the rainbow miraculously returned!

I was thinking, "What a lovely orange top you have on Gemma, and look at your beautiful dress." On her shirt was printed a big blue iris, and it had paintbrush strokes of yellow on the petals, just like the ones in the garden, which swayed in the breeze down by the white picket fence – next to the mailbox!

Listen. I can hear the cheeky green tui with a white puffed up collar, singing my favorite song. Just for me, and Gemma. I can see him sitting in the branches of the Pohutukawa tree. Its colourful arms out stretched, as it shaded the brown cobblestone path. My Gemma gives me a big cuddle, and I consider. . . "I don't think I will be going out of that white picket gate again, not by myself. Perhaps my Gemma might want to take me down to the lake one day. We can go together and have a picnic, if she wants to."

I won't be going on my own again... and I never did. 

The End

...But there might be some more stories of Brown Bear... But that will depend on whether YOU want anymore stories... you had better let me know!