Part 3 - Did You Know This?

Did you know that when a bear loses an eye, it will then only be able to see in black and white, never in colour? I never knew that either until then. It's a very scary thing to happen to any bear. Now I was feeling very sad and helpless, and sick inside.

Oh I wish I had never gone outside the gate. I have been a very bad bear, and now I can't get back home! I miss my Gemma. I didn't want to cry, but I couldn't help it. I cried so hard that I was getting sopping wet. I wiped my one eye and sat up to think. Think. Think Brown bear! What to do?

A boy with a dirty face and sticky hands found me and picked me up. Oh boy, someone to save me! However, this little boy with a dirty face and sticky hands was not like Gemma. No, he was a naughty little boy who loved to be mean to girls and bears. He took me to a park and dropped me in the mud. He splashed me with dirty bare feet, I was covered in mud and soaked right through. My soft brown fur was no longer soft, but matted and covered in cold, grey mud. Everything was grey. No colour. Nothing nice. Not now.

When the dirty boy finally became bored with me, he ran away and left me all alone. I was cold and shivering, lonely and unwanted. How could my Gemma love me now? I was dirty and miserable, and as far as I could tell, this was my own stupid fault. No one else to blame, but myself. You stupid brown bear!

"Brown Bear, Brown Bear. Where are you? I miss you!" Was that Gemma? My Gemma? No. Gemma won't love me anymore.