Episode 7 - A New Beginning

"There he is mum!" It was Gemma! She's running now! What would she think of me? I've been such a naughty bear, and I'm no longer a good bear for be her now. I'm nobodies bear.

Oh no! Gemma's reaching into my grassy prison, into where I belong.

Be careful Gemma, don't cut yourself. She pulled back some of the sharp blades of grass. She did get cut, and it's my fault! I heard her wince and now she's bleeding: but she doesn't seem to care.

"There you are Brown Bear. Where have you been? What has happened to you? Oh you poor Brown Bear, I missed you all night!" She has such a sweet voice. I just wanted her to hug me. But how could she? Now she could see just how much of a naughty bear I am; I can't hide that anymore, and now my coat is all mattered and torn. I have cuts and bruises all over my stupid body.

"Some of your stuffing has fallen out Brown Bear. Mum, can we fix him?"

"Of course we can Gemma. We can sew him back up as good as new."

Some of my stuffing was hanging from one of the toi-toi flowers, and Gemma, reached up for it. My Gemma. She reached through the cutting grass and picked me up into her arms. It felt so good to be hugged again, hugged by someone who loved me.

"We need to get you home Brown Bear; we need to mend you all up again. Look. I found your arm over there. What happened to you Brown bear?" Wow! I was so excited! They rushed home and washed me all clean again in the hand basin, then they pushed the stuffing back into my body. They hung me on the clothesline by my ears to dry. That hurt a little, but I didn't mind one little bit.