Part 4 - The Dog

A nasty black dog ran and grabbed me in its sharp teeth, they sank into my arm. Hot pain shot up the arm and through my body, the nasty black dog shook me and continued to run. Not stopping. It bounded up and down with me dangling hopelessly. Oh my threads! They were unraveling. My stuffing was falling out of my body! My heart was bumped around inside from one place to another, almost falling out too. I must do something!

I swung my body around; my arm was still in the nasty black dogs' mouth and kicked the dog in the eye with my foot. I swung again! Got to get away! I kicked him again and he yelped. I gave my biggest swing yet and fair whacked him right in the eye and suddenly I was airborne again, flying through the air, spinning. My arm wasn't hurting anymore, but my shoulder burned red hot!

I was covered in drool and flew right into a sharp, ragged toi-toi bush. A few more cuts were added to my messed up fur and split seams as I fell deep into the sharp blades of cutting-grass. Some of my fluff caught on one of the toi-toi flowers and I unraveled even more.

The nasty black dog poked its wet nose into the toi-toi bush and tried to grab me in those sharp teeth again. It couldn't reach me, and it got a few scratches on its nose. "Serves you right!" I yelled. The nasty dog still had something in its mouth, but I was more than relieved that I wasn't. I was also glad that it had some cuts across its snout!

After a little while and a few disgruntled yelps from the dog – it got bored too and dropped whatever it was, then was gone.

Now I was more beaten up than ever. I so missed my Gemma and was sure she would never love me, I may never call her my Gemma again. Who could love a dirty, torn and naughty bear like me?