𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 4: Getting Asked Out 🎊

Warnings: Slight fluff and shocking revelations

The next day, Everly went up to her locker and opened it up to see a bouquet of flowers specifically mixes of daffodils, lilac and daisys

The next day, Everly went up to her locker and opened it up to see a bouquet of flowers specifically mixes of daffodils, lilac and daisys. She smiled by the gesture to smell them and to find a folden up note on the shelf in her locker.

The note said to come to a room in school, the science room and she took the flowers with her to the classroom.
To see a question in big letters a prom proposal with answers Yes or No with medium squares for a answer box. She was shocked that someone asked her out to prom. She would love to go a school event specifically prom since no one asked her back in her junior year.

"So, what you do say?" A voice startled her and it was Riley, her longtime crush was asking her out.

"Riley, I'm stunned and honored that you would want to go with me, I'll love to go with you but I can't go, not if Carrie can't go because of her deranged mother." Everly says ranting but Riley smiled and lightly held her arms.

"Evie, I don't care about Ms. White. I want to know if you want to go with me." Riley said. "So you wanna go or not?"

Everly smiled and didn't say anything but put a checkmark in the square beside yes. "I'm saying yes." Everly said with a proud smile.

"Sweet." Riley said and out of nowhere he hugged the girl who's heartbeat was going fast.

●•

Carrie was in the cafeteria reading one of the books Everly found for them. When she felt a tap on her shoulder and somebody say. "Hey, Carrie." Carrie jumped as Tommy looked at her.

"I was looking for you at the library because that's where they said you were. But, uh, you weren't there, so I figured maybe you were here." Tommy then reads the book title. ""Telekinesis: Unlocking the Mind"." Carrie grabs the book from him then Tommy sits across from her.

"No, no. Is that about, uh, hypnosis? Because me and my friends, we tried that. We actually hypnotized my boy's dog." Tommy chuckles but Carrie didn't laugh or say anything. "Anyway, um... How are you doing?" (That's awkward.)

"I'm okay." Carrie softly replied.

"Cool. So you know how, um, prom is next week? You know? Um, I was wondering, if you don't have a date already, maybe you want to go with me." Tommy asks getting straight to the point.

"What?" Carrie looked at him in shock.

"The prom. Next week." Carrie looked around and heard people laughing at her which made her anxious and took off but Tommy followed her.

When Tommy got closer to her and touched her shoulder but Carrie quickly turned around. "Stop!" She exclaims but then lower her tone of voice. "Please, just stop trying to trick me."

"No, I'm not trying to trick you. I'm not tricking you." Thomas said sounding genuine.

"Aren't you with Sue Snell?" Carrie asked softly.