baking with her - Chloé Lukasiak

Chloé loved to bake, she was always making you something whenever she had any spare time. It was safe to say that you loved it too since she would always surprise you with a delicious treat whenever you came home from a tiring day. You weren't very good at baking yourself so you just left Chloé to it so you didn't mess anything up. You much preferred to eat the goods she prepared rather than help her with them. It just wasn't your thing.

You were just sitting on the couch watching TV when you heard Chloé in the kitchen. Although you didn't like to help, you always loved to watch her. The way her eyes would light up whenever she got the mixture just right made your heart melt. You got up and headed into the kitchen, standing in the doorway to see Chloé with all her ingredients on the counter beside her. "Oh hey my darling, I was going to make you to cookies." She said with a smile and she washed her hands in the sink. You smiled back watching her take out a pan to brown the butter in. Whilst it was melting, Chloé turned her focus to you, kissing your cheek and wrapping her arms around your waist lovingly.

"Since you like watching me so much, how about you give me a hand?" She asked. You shook you head which only made Chloé hug you tighter. "Please baby, it would make this so much more fun if you were doing it with me." She said, resting her chin on your shoulder. "Chlo, you know I'm bad at baking." You replied. "That doesn't matter, I just want to spend some time with you. Besides, I'll be here to help you." She said. Unable to resist her, you nodded in agreement which made Chloé let out an excited "Yay." before kissing you on the cheek.

"Now we just need to weigh out the brown sugar and the white sugar." She told you, opening one of the bags and sprinkling some of the contents into a bowl on the scales. Once she got the right amount, she added it to the cooling butter on the side. "Now you try." She said gesturing for you to copy what she had just done. You opened the bag of white sugar and gently tipped it so it would fall into the measuring bowl. "That's it beautiful." She encouraged until you had poured the right amount. "See, you are good at this." She said booping your nose playfully. Chloé mixed it all together before cracking an egg into the bowl and carefully collecting the yolks from two others.

She put in a few drops of vanilla extract in and handed you a whisk. "You can mix it together." She said with an excited smile. You loved it when Chloé smiled, it made you so unbelievably happy. You took it from her and slowly began stirring. It was rather difficult since the mixture was somewhat sticky. "A little more firmer." Chloé suggested, she came up behind you and placed her hands on top of yours. "Like this." She said now holding your hands to assist you. You heart was racing as the closeness between you and your girlfriend. Maybe you should help her bake more often, it was so romantic.

Soon enough, with Chloé helping you, the mixture was a light brown colour and the perfect texture. Chloé went on to mix together some measured out flour and baking soda, this time you just watched her until she tipped into into the bowl, you quickly grabbed the whisk again so that Chloé would cuddle you whilst you prepared the cookie dough. Chloé giggled at you adorably. "You want to stir again?" She asked. You nodded keenly. Chloé took out a rubber spatula from the cupboard, replacing the whisk in your hand. "Use this one this time my darling." She said.

You began stirring slowly before pausing to look at Chloé who was watching intently. "Can you help me again please?" You asked her shyly. Chloé smiled, knowing full well that you just wanted her to hold you while you did it. "Of course I can my love." She covered your hands with her own again aiding you with the task only this time, she placed a few kisses across your neck affectionately. Once you'd finished, she added some chocolate chips into the dough and mixed them in before setting them out on the baking tray. She put on her oven gloves and put them into the oven, setting a timer to remind her when they were done.

"See baby, I told you it wasn't that hard." She said. "What do we do now?" You asked her. "We clean up and then we wait." You smirked stepping closer to her. "I know something we can do instead." Chloé cheeks turned red at what she thought you were implying, biting her lip tightly. "What did you have in mind?" She asked, shyly. You beckoned her closer, your index finger making a come hither motion. Chloé didn't need to be asked twice, she grabbed onto your hips and leaned in to kiss you. But before her lips could connect with yours, you dipped your fingers into the open bag of flower beside you and flicked it at her face.

Chloé let go of you instantly once she felt the dry power splash over her cheeks and nose. She squealed at the unexpected sensation causing you to laugh. She shook her head, attempting to wipe the flour off of her skin. "You know what this means? This means war." She said grabbing some flour in her hand and throwing it at you, covering your shirt. You screamed as she started to chase you playfully, more flour in her hand to get her revenge. She had you cornered at the opposite side of the kitchen island so there was no way for you to escape. "I surrender." You told her holding you hands up in defeat. Chloé shook her head, running towards you and grabbing you tightly, smearing the flour in her hand across your cheek.

You giggled as she lifted you gently to sit on the kitchen side. The two of you calming down after the excitement. Chloé rested her forehead against yours lovingly. "I had so much fun with you today." She told you, giving you a short kiss on your lips. "Me too, I should bake with you more often." You agreed. Chloé smiled happily which turned into a shy one after a brief moment. "You know that other thing that you said we could do before you threw flour at me?" She whispered as if you weren't the only ones in your shared apartment. You nodded, biting your lip.

"We still have time before the cookies are done." She said, so quiet you could barely hear her. You smirked at her causing Chloé to blush. Instead of responding, you leaned in to kiss her, a more passionate kiss that the two of you would only share in private. Your make out session lasted way longer than the period of time that the cookies needed to be in the oven for. It was safe to say, that this was the first time that Chloé had burned a batch of cookies that she had made. But she much preferred the taste of your lips than anything in the world.