promise rings - Brooke Hyland

Today was yours and Brooke's anniversary. The two of you had been dating for two years now and things had gotten pretty serious really quickly. So Brooke had planned for the two of you to go to the restaurant that you went to on your first serious date. You were wearing your favourite emerald green dress and you had curled you hair for the occasion. When you got there, the waiter took you to the table she had reserved for you and you looked at the menu deciding what to order.

"Can you believe that it's been two years since I took you here and we made things official?" She asked with a smile. You shook your head. "It feels like barely any time has passed." You said. Brooke narrowed her eyes with a slight smirk. "I hope that's a good thing." She said with a chuckle. You giggled at her which made her smiled even more. She loved to hear you laugh. The waiter came over to take your orders you opted for the same meal you got when you came with her for the first time so did Brooke and she bought you a glass of champagne each.

"I got you something." She said with a grin on her face. You watched as she took something from her purse, a small black velvet box and passed it over to you. "I was going to give it to you this morning when we exchanged gifts but, I thought I'd save it for now since it's more special." She said. You opened the box revealing two silver rings with diamond hearts on them. Your name was engraved on one, Brooke's on the other as well as the words 'I promise.' on both. You gasped at how beautiful they were. "Brooke..." You trailed off, unable to find the words.

Brooke took the box from you hands. "They're promise rings because I have something that I want to promise you." She said as she took your hand into her own. She removed the ring for the box and slid it onto your ring finger. "I promise that I'll love you forever, I'll respect you and always take care of you. And one day, when we're ready, I'll replace this ring with a different one, a more special one." She said placing a kiss on your knuckles gently. "You mean?" You asked her almost in tears of happiness. "Yes Y/N, someday I'll ask you to marry me. I'm promising that in the future, I'll propose to you.

She handed you the ring to slide onto her finger. "I'd love to marry you someday Brooke Hyland." You said, placing the ring on her finger. She smiled widely, as did you. One day, she would ask you to marry her and of course you'd agree. "I love you." You told her admiring the ring on your finger. "I love you too my sweet." She replied "Happy anniversary." She said. You couldn't wait for the day that she asked you to be her bride and you were looking forward to all the future anniversaries to come.