you steal her sweater - Brooke Hyland

Today had been a pretty rough day for you. Work was tough and by the time you were on your way home, you were anxious and stressed. Your mind was filled with all the important things that were upcoming, the majority of them were meetings that you were dreading. On the whole you were extremely drained and just wanted to spend the rest of the evening with your girlfriend Brooke, eating takeout and watching movies. Something you loved more than anything.

But when you arrived home only to find all of the lights still off from this morning, you remembered that Brooke had to work late today. She had a lot of deals with some new companies and making arrangements was taking quite a while. You knew she worked hard and in the long run this would benefit the two of you however you couldn't help but collapse onto the couch, tears running down your cheeks. You really didn't want to be alone right now, watching the clock on the wall and begging for Brooke to be home soon. Only she could soothe you during moments like this. You wanted nothing more than to feel her arms around you, comforting you.

That's when it hit you. You hurried upstairs into the bedroom you shared with Brooke, switched the light on and went inside of her closet. Since you couldn't feel her arms around you, you opted for the next best thing which was wearing one of her sweaters. You picked out her grey one since she wore it the most whenever she would stay in. Pulling the warm fabric over your head, you instantly felt relaxed almost like Brooke was right there holding you. It was super big on you since Brooke liked to wear big sweaters and it smelled just like her, your favourite smell in the world.

You went back downstairs, making yourself a snack and putting on your favourite show while you waited for Brooke to come home. You felt more at ease now that you were in her sweater, it's scent and warmth offering peace and comfort for you to the point where you almost found yourself falling asleep. But you stayed awake since you wanted to greet Brooke when she walked through the door.

About an hour or so later, the sound of the door unlocking caused you to race into the hallway even though you were so tired. The door opened to reveal your girlfriend behind it, some flowers in her hand as well as her bag swung across her shoulder. Before she had the chance to even say anything, you jumped into her arms, wrapping your legs around her and burying your face into her neck. Relief washed over you, finally she was here to make your day better. You began to cry as Brooke held onto you, returning the hug.

"Baby what's wrong?" she asked, rubbing your back with her free hand. "I had a stressful day and I missed you." You replied as Brooke lowered you to a standing position, your face still hidden in her neck. "I'm sorry my sweet girl, I missed you too. But i'm here now and I promise I'll make it up to you." She comforted. You lifted your head from her shoulder to look into her eyes. You loved her eyes, they were so beautiful, like the ocean. Brooke gently brushed her thumb over your cheek, wiping away your tears.

"Look, I stopped by the florist's on the way home and got you these because I had to work late. She held the bouquet out to you with a smile. "Thank you, I'm so glad you're home." You said. "So am I. How about we order a takeout and watch some movies?" She suggested. It was almost like she'd read your mind, Brooke knew exactly how to make you feel better. You nodded keenly before leaning in to kiss her lips softly which Brooke returned, looping her arms around your waist. Once the two of you pulled away, Brooke put her bag down and took her jacket off before turning around and getting the proper glance at you since she'd arrived home.

She raised an eyebrow at the sight of you sorting a vase out for your flowers she had gifted you, particularly at the sweater that you were wearing over your lounge clothes. She head over to you and hugged you from behind, resting her chin in your shoulder. "Is that my sweater?" She asked, placing a few kisses on your cheek. You'd almost forgotten that you were wearing Brooke's sweater. Worrying that she didn't want you wearing her favourite sweater, you turned yourself around to face her, stuttering out a response to her.

"I'm sorry, I put it on because I wanted you to hold me but you weren't here. I can go take it off." Brooke just giggled and shook her head. "I like it on you, it looks good baby." She placed a short but sweet kiss on your lips before leading you into the living room to snuggle on the couch. She ordered you your favourite takeout and played with your hair while the movie played. "I love you so much Y/N." She said kissing your forehead which was rested on her chest. "I love you too Brookie." You replied finally feeling much better than you were previously and it was all thanks to Brooke.