she's protective of you - Paige Hyland

Paige had been invited out with a few of her friends to head out to some bars and restaurants tonight. Usually whenever she would go out, you would stay home since you didn't really like to party. However, tonight Paige had insisted on you joining her and because you loved her, you agreed. You liked her friends so you weren't totally opposed to it, it just wasn't really your environment since you were more on the introverted side. You dressed in your favourite black dress and the gold necklace that Paige had brought you for your birthday. You hair was left down and straight and your makeup was simple but effective.

The night started off good. You enjoyed dinner with Paige and her friends, holding onto your girlfriend's hand under the table and shooting each other loving glances every now and again. Everyone had fun and the food was amazing. The night started to take a turn however when you arrived at a local bar to get some drinks. You kinda stood on the sidelines whilst Paige had fun since this wasn't really your forte. You casually sipped on the drink that Paige had brought you when you felt someone behind you.

At first you assumed that it was Paige since you felt a hand on your waist but this hand seemed unfamiliar. It was larger and firmer than your girlfriend's and you couldn't feel her acrylic nails grazing the material of your dress. "Hey gorgeous." Came the voice of a man, you turned around to see him smiling at you flirtatiously, you returned it awkwardly not wanting to be rude. You shirked his hand off of you though not wanting anyone else to touch you the way that Paige did. "Can I get you a drink?" He asked gesturing to the almost empty glass of wine in your hand.

"I'll be alright, thanks." You replied, hoping he'd get the hint and leave you alone. Instead, he leant closer to you so you could smell the beer on his breath. "Maybe I can get you something else then." He placed his hand back on your back causing to you squirm uncomfortably. "Come on, you know you want to." He winked making you cringe internally. "I'm sorry I..." You were about to tell him about your girlfriend until you felt a new pair of arms wrap around your waist, these arms however, made you feel safe and protected. You looked over your shoulder to see Paige glaring at the creep of a man who had crossed the line when it came to flirting with you.

"Take your hands off of her, now." She said aggressively. You'd never seen Paige like this before, usually she was sweet and soft spoken but the way she gritted her teeth and scowled in the man's direction proved to you that she was really mad. The man stepped back but cut Paige a look. "I didn't hear any complaints so..." He said with a lazy shrug. Paige pulled you closer to her as she scoffed. "You were making her uncomfortable, asshole." She hissed. The guy seemed to laugh it off, obviously drunk. "Damn sorry, didn't know you could think for her." He retorted sarcastically.

Paige was furious. You could tell by the way she wrinkled her nose and pouted her lips. "I'm her girlfriend. And I don't appreciate people hitting on my girl let alone touching her so back off." She said. The guy's eyes widened at the revelation but then his face switched to one of amusement. "Come on Y/N, we're leaving." Paige said, taking your hand into her own and pulling towards the exit. Her grip was tight, squeezing your palms together. It was like she was afraid to lose you in that moment but you knew that there was no way of that ever happening in your mind.

Paige called for a cab once the two of you were outside. You waited in silence, watching as Paige paced up and down, heels clicking against the floor with each step. She was visibly frustrated and you began to worry that maybe it was with you. Surely not since you knew Paige wasn't like that, but the silence that continued to loom once you got into the back of the cab made you all the more anxious. Had it looked like you were flirting back with him? The whole thing happened so fast it was like a blur in your mind. Perhaps that's what Paige thought and that's why she was so mad. You bit your lip not being able to bare the tension any longer and wished that you could get home soon.

As soon as you walked through the door into your house, you didn't even have chance to take off your jacket before Paige smashed her lips onto yours. The kiss was passionate, Paige's hands gripping your waist tightly as she began backing you against the wall. You let out a whimper as she began to trail her kisses across your jawline before going southward to your neck, nipping and biting gently at your skin to give you a hickey. "You. Are. Mine." She spoke between kisses, you nodded in agreement, her fingers tilting your head for better access as she sunk her teeth in a little further.

Once she was done, she smirked at her handiwork leaving you breathless with your heart pounding in your chest. "Now everyone will know that you're mine." She smiled. You bit your lip at her. Although you loved it when Paige was sweet and loving with you, you couldn't resist the private moments where this side of her would come out. After a few moments, her eyes softened and she wrapped her arms around you in a hug. "I'm sorry Princess." She whispered in your ear.

"I'm so sorry I got mad. None of it was your fault. I just love you so much and the thought of someone making you uncomfortable just made me so..." She trailed off.
"Mad?" You finished. Paige giggled and nodded, pulling away slightly to look into your eyes. "Just remember that I'll never ever let anyone hurt you. I love you too much for that." She said, tucking some loose strands of your hair behind her ear. You smiled. "I love you too Paigey." you said, nuzzling your face into her neck. "Come on, let's go up to bed and cuddle." She said leading you up the stairs to your shared bedroom to spend the rest of the night in her arms, safe in the knowledge that she would protect you and take care of you always.