Chapter 29

I jumped up and grabbed onto both Logan and Dakota's arms, I dragged them down the right hallway. We needed to hide. I could hear the other sides arguing on the stairs, hopefully they got stuck. So now we just needed to be careful. We still don't know where Paranoia is. For all we know he's right..

"Why do you keep running Virgie?"

He's standing right in front of me. I can't..I can't get out. 

All three of us stopped in our tracks, it didn't take long for him to find us at all. Why can't we get away? Why does he keep getting us?! 

"Virgil! Calm down!" 

I whipped around to look at Dakota, his face was as calm as ever. It felt..soothing. I turned to look back at Paranoia, his face was twisted in rage. Before I even knew what was happening, he grabbed me by the neck and pulled me towards him. "Why did you never treat me like that! I thought WE were supposed to be closer! What does he have that I don't?!" I struggled to stop his hand from gripping my neck, I wasn't going to die but the thought of losing air was horrifying.

"Stop it Paranoia!" I stopped my struggling for a second. Was that Logan yelling? No, I must be losing touch with reality. There's no way! "My my, you're vouching for this fiend too?" Once more Paranoia recoiled, this time I got to see why. Dakota punched him. Paranoia let go of my neck and I fell to the floor in a coughing fit. I looked back up at Paranoia and his face was shocked for a second, that is until he finally caught up. 

"WHERE ARE MY MINIONS?!" Just as he said that, the other sides came running up with the addition of Remy and..Deceit. We were completely surrounded, what were we going to do? "C'mon Virgil! Calm down. Think!" I turned to look at Dakota, he was really not helping. Roman and Remy grabbed onto Dakota and Logan and dragged them towards Paranoia. They really were stronger now. We never had a chance of beating them. 

I was too weak to help. 

"Let go of me!" Dakota yelled as he kicked and struggled, Roman seemed unfazed. Logan elbowed Remy in the face and managed to get free, remind me to not mess with him. Logan punched Roman in the face and freed Dakota and grabbed his arm and turned around to grab mine. He dragged us back down the hall towards where we came in. Logan single handedly took down two of the mind controlled sides. As we ran, I could only stare at him in amazement. By the time I realized it, we were going down the left hall. How did we bypass the rest of the sides? 

We ran for a bit further before we stopped, there were no footsteps behind us. No sign of Paranoia. If I didn't have bruises on my neck I would say that the whole interaction was made up in my mind. "Are you okay?" Logan said turning to look at us, Dakota and I both nodded in unison. Dakota and I shared a look with each other, "Logan..are you okay?" Said side didn't answer. You could tell he was upset, I guess he isn't an emotionless robot after all. "We'll get Janus back okay?" Logan turned to look at Dakota in surprise "You know his name?" Dakota nodded "He told us dark sides way back when." Logan nodded "That makes sense." The logical side pushed his glasses up. He didn't say anything else after that. But he did usher us into a room, it was dark and kinda creepy but I wasn't complaining. It was better than being out in the open.

"Virgil, I want you to do your breathing exercise. It'll help hide us." I nodded in response, and started focusing on my breathing. Breathing in for four seconds, holding it for seven seconds, and breathing out for eight seconds. Dakota put his hand on my shoulder and squeezed, it was comforting. I smiled at him when I was calmed down enough and he smiled back at me. 

"Now, let's prepare for the final battle."