Chapter 23

"Okay, What do we tell him?"

"Are you serious?" I pulled Mike towards the couch and sat him down next to Dakota, after Mike was settled I stood back and ran my fingers through my hair slowly. "Why don't you start from the beginning, Virgil?" I looked over at Thomas "Well, alright.." I paused to collect my thoughts and then I started explaining. "A few days ago, maybe more, my family started appearing one after the other. Tons of crap started happening, like I got stuffed into a pile of wires and Roman kidnapped Mike and I."

"Wait, what?" Thomas raised an eyebrow and stepped towards me "Roman kidnapped you?" I nodded, "It's hard to believe. Although, we don't think that he has any memory of it." Thomas nodded slowly "So, did someone control him then?" Great, the question I was avoiding. Dakota nodded "We aren't really sure who is controlling him yet." I stared at him with wide eyes, I thought we were going to tell Thomas about him.

Thomas nodded then turned towards Mike "Right! I haven't introduced myself to you, my name is Thomas Sanders!" Mike smiled, "Micheal Afton, it's nice to meet you." Thomas' eyes widened "Afton?" He turned towards me in a flash "Virgil, you're an Afton?" I nodded, deciding to avert my eyes. "It's alright Virge, I'm not going to think any differently of you." I smiled faintly and looked up at him. Thomas is always so nice to us. And trying to make all of us feel accepted.

We sat in silence for a few minutes and then out of the blue Deceit and Logan appeared, scaring the crap out of all of us.

"I'm not sorry. We don't have something to tell you, Virgil." Deceit made his way towards me with a piece of paper in his hand "Here, don't read this." I grabbed the paper and read it carefully. If I can remember correctly, it said something along the lines of "Roman, Patton, Remy, Emile, and Phoenix were taken over by him. Logan and I escaped just in time." Or something like that. My eyes widened in shock. I returned my gaze to Deceit, and he sighed. "Well what are we going to do?" Logan stepped forward "There really isn't anything for us to do without him controlling the rest of us." I nodded and turned towards Dakota. He looked completely lost. "Oh! Here." I handed him the paper and let him read.

"Well, this isn't good." He said after a few minutes "We can't do anything about it either. If we send Virgil in he'll only get him." Thomas cleared his throat, gathering our attention "What's going on?" Deceit placed his hand on Thomas' shoulder "We can tell you. It's so you do get hurt."

"What?" Mike said in surprise. "Oh, that's right. You're not used to Deceit talking here in the real world." And now it was Thomas' turn to be surprised "This isn't how he talks in the mindscape?" Logan pushed his glasses further up his nose "Let's focus on the task at hand." We all turned to look at him and Deceit "Where's that creepy dude?" Mike asked softly, "Creepy dude? Oh, you mean Remus?" Dakota said with a chuckle. Deceit looked down at the ground sadly, Logan spoke up a moment later "We haven't found him, we aren't really sure where he is. All we know is that he's not with him." Logan placed a hand on Deceit's back to..try to console him, I guess?

Thomas crossed his arms "Alright, who is this person you're talking about? You keep saying he and him and stuff like that but never actually mentioning a name." Us sides shared glances "It's complicated, alright? If I could tell you, I would." I said looking down at the floor. Suddenly the rug seemed more interesting than Thomas.

"Guys, we don't need to focus. He isn't in there not looking for us." Dakota nodded "And with him controlling the other sides now, he's able to appear here in the real world." I sighed "I'm sorry guys, this is all my fault." The others shook their heads, each of them saying their own thing to try and convince me otherwise. "If I had been more careful, he wouldn't have appeared. Or maybe if I had been nicer to him, he wouldn't have ended up like this in the first place." Logan pulled at his tie "Think of it this way Virgil, if you guys didn't separate you would still be a dark side." I sighed "I'm not talking about the separation. Everything was fine after that. It was when I locked him away in my memories that everything went wrong." Silence took over again. I remember that day like the back of my hand.

No, I'm not doing an incredible flashback sequence. Sorry.

"So, what are we going to do?" Thomas asked softly "We have to get past the others. Once we do that, we just have to find him." Logan pushed his glasses up, again. "I don't think it'll be that simple. If Roman single-handedly kidnapped both you and Michael then it's possible that the three of them together will beat us in a matter of minutes." Dakota held his hand up "We can't think about that right now, we have to think about the little ones." My eyes widened. "That's right!" Deceit sighed "So, our objective isn't to get the little ones?" I nodded "We should do that first. There's no way that Par..uh, he would take over the littles." Logan nodded "But, that won't stop him from hurting them."

"So we have to act fast." I said, running my hand through my hair. "Thomas, Mike and Dakota are going to stay here. They're both clearly down for the count." Dakota frowned "I can help out!" Logan shook his head "You're already severely hurt. It's possible that you could fade if you continue." Dakota tensed "I want to help Virgil! I don't care if I'll fade." I turned and placed both of my hands on his shoulders, making him look into my eyes "Please stay here, Dakota. I don't want anything to happen to you." Dakota sighed and attempted to pout "Fine, but I'll be available if you need help."

I smiled at him then turned towards the others "Alright, let's do this." 

Hello guys, gals, and non-binary pals! I finally found out what day I started writing this story. I totally didn't have any help-

 I totally didn't have any help-

. . . 

..thank you Google for helping me out! 

So, yes. A year ago today my Virgil Afton story was born! This story is the most fun to write in my opinion. 

I also had an idea to run by you guys. What if..I do a Q and A for the characters? And that can be the special thing? I'm definitely going to do anything you guys want me to do and if you want I can put it all into one big thing. It's totally up to you guys. 

Also, just a reminder, if you want to request something for the very special thing then please do it before October 1st. I've already got a few requests, thank you to those people!

And thank you so much for almost 20k!

This means so much to me! 

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! 

-Yami