Part 26

Hope is dangerous. Hope is disappointing. But here I am hoping that Mattheo Riddle can and will get me out of this shithole of a cell.

I am very close to cracking and becoming a opposite version of myself, when- if I return to Hogwarts I might not be able to swallow talking or even being in the Slytherin common room. I'm mentally and physically bruised from the torture here, sometimes I wish they would just kill me and get it over with. It's not like I have any motivation, Harry does fine without me and has done for 4 years already. I have no one other than him and sometimes I feel like I never had him at all.

"Aria" I hear a voice whisper from beyond the cell.

I turn and see Mattheo staring at me, it would be creepy in a normal sense but I've got everything but normal at the moment.

"Mattheo" My voice croaks due to the screaming I did last night. I most definitely look like shit but why is that the thing I'm thinking about most right now? Snap out of it.

"I've got the key Ari, everyone's gone out" He says a small smile coming from the corners of his mouth, it nearly made me smile.
He lifts the keys towards the cell door, turning the key with a click. The cell door swings open and I struggle to get up and walk towards it.

Mattheo runs over and swings my arm over his shoulder and carries me out of what I've called "home" for the past month. My arms ache and my kneecaps sting from being dragged up the stone stairs yesterday evening. I'm surprised I'm still awake. 

"We're almost there" Mattheo whispers shakily, I'm not certain whether he's looking to reassure me or himself. 

Suddenly I'm shoved into a broom closet with Mattheo's hand over my mouth. I am so tempted to lick his hand to force him to remove it and watch him squirm in disgust but I am very aware we could both die at any second so I decide against the movement. 

He slowly opens the door and looks around then drags my body with him across the hall into what I'm guessing is his room.

'We have a few hours until the death eaters get back, including my father. You can shower then we can apparate out of here' He explains and I nod as he throws me a clean washed towel and I head into the bathroom. 

The mirror catches my attention, especially my appearance. I don't recognise the girl staring back at me. My once plump face has sunken and gone shallow and my eyes look like someone who has stared into the face of death. I look like hell. 

I turn on the shower and wince as the hot water touches my body. The cuts on my knees reopen as the water washes away any kind of healing they had done overnight, my back stings as the water traces over the scars and bruises from the beatings I have been through here.

I need to get out of here and soon.