The Feeling of Falling in Love (High School AU)

"Go and introduce yourselves to someone you don't know" said the teacher. 

Claude blankly stared at the faceless people standing around him. Being the son of a wealthy family, he didn't have the best childhood. His father and stepmother have implanted the idea of sibling rivalry over the inheritance of his father's company into his head ever since he was old enough to understand words. He grew up never truly understanding familial love. 

However, Claude does have a few people he considers "tolerable". Felix Robain is someone who grew up with him and has close connections with his family. Claude considers him trustworthy, but he also views him as a friend, despite his nonchalance. Roger Alpheus and Penelope Judith are two people who are close to him, but closer to his brother, Anastacius. For now, they're both on Claude's good side, but who knows what may happen in the future. 

Claude glanced to his right. Penelope was in his class, but she was already walking towards a group of people he didn't know, nor did he want to meet. He laid back in his seat, eyes closed, and decided to not approach anyone. His moment of peace was interrupted by a friendly voice. 

"Hello, it's nice to meet you." The voice said. "I'm also sitting on this side of the room, so I would like to get to know you. What's your name?"

With a bit of confusion, Claude opened his eyes, only to get even more confused. In front of him stood a fair, golden haired girl with glittering purple eyes. Her eyes turned into violet moon crescents as she smiled warmly towards Claude. 

Claude thought for a moment before answering her. Being the second son of the Obelia family, it wasn't uncommon for people to approach him with intentions. But this girl asked him for his name and greeted him with genuine familiarity. It seemed that she really wanted to become his friend. 

"I'm Claude," he replied to her. Testing her, he reached out his hand towards her. The girl looked at him with a confused expression for a split second, before gently grabbing his fingers and shaking them. 

Claude took his hand back quickly and felt a tinge of embarrassment. The girl pretended to not notice and continued with her introduction. 

"My name is Diana!" She said. "I'm new to this school. I came from Siodonna and a hobby of mine is dancing. It was a pleasure meeting you, Claude."

She walked away to meet other people, leaving Claude alone in his seat again. Somehow, he didn't want to be left behind by her. Taking out a slip of paper, he wrote the words "Siodonna" and "dancing" down on it.  Looking at the paper and then at her, he decided to write another word down.

"Fairy".