What if Diana didn't die pt 2: Little Baby Princess

A sweet tune was heard through the halls of the Ruby Palace. As Claude set foot into Diana's bedroom, he saw a brilliant sight of mother and child. Diana held little Athanasia in her arms, gently rocking her while singing a lullaby. Claude walked to her side and sat down next to her.

"What was that song?" He asked her. 

Diana smiled a cheeky smile. "It's a song to ward off nightmares." She replied to him. Claude lazily leaned his head upon her shoulder. "You should sing it to me sometime too." He said. They both chuckled. At this time, Athanasia opened her wide jewel blue eyes and stared up at the two people above her. 

"My majesty, look!" Diana pointed out. "Athy is awake!" Claude reached out and took Athanasia into his arms as the baby started squirming around. Baby Athy looked at her father in front of her, stared at his golden strands of hair, and proceeded to grab it using her little arms. 

"Athanasia!" Diana laughed. Diana pulled Athy back from Claude while laughing her heart out. In Diana's lap, Athanasia played with Diana's long hair, constantly tossing it and pulling it. "Look, your majesty, she does it to me too." 

Claude ran his fingers through his hair, fixing it. "She must have an affinity for gold colored things." He suggested. "When she grows up, she should get the key to our treasure room." When Claude finished his sentence, Athanasia, seemingly hearing him, suddenly started giggling. 

"Hehe, I think she agrees with you, your majesty." Diana held Athy closer to her and kissed her cheeks. "She'll have to wait a few years though." 

In about a 16 years of time, Diana and Claude decided that she could receive the key to the treasure room by then. For now, they had the sweet journey of watching Athanasia grow up into an intelligent, beautiful, and lovely princess.