What If Diana Didn't Die

"Your Majesty! Your Majesty!"

A maid came running to Claude's meeting room. It has been about 9 months since Diana found out she was pregnant. By now, it was time for her due date. She has been taking the capsules and elixirs every day to manage her child's mana. The doctors and magicians all predicted that the baby's delivery would be safe for both mother and child. Nothing made Claude happier to hear that. 

The maid ushered into his room and tried her very best to contain her excitement. It was a maid's duty to speak in a low and respectful manner, but she couldn't help but exclaim, "Lady Diana is going into labor!" 

Claude immediately put down his papers and hurried to Diana's Ruby Palace. When he got there, he noticed many maids outside of her room. He was about to go in, but Lillian blocked his path. 

"My Lady is in the middle of giving birth, you can't go in there. She needs a quiet environment and as few people as possible." She stated. 

Her hand was stretched over the doorway, blocking Claude's path. However, Claude heard Diana's weak cries inside, saying his name. Claude shot Lillian a glare and promptly went inside. A doctor was beside Diana, and a few handmaidens were assisting her with the delivery. Diana's face was scrunched up in pain, but once she saw Claude she weakly smiled. 

He knelt down by her. "How are you feeling?" He asked. "It's not bad," Diana replied. Claude took Diana's hand and stayed beside her until the birthing process was over and the loud cries of the new princess could be heard. 

"Congratulations, your majesty and your highness!" The doctor exclaimed. "We welcome the new princess to Obelia!" She wrapped the princess in a soft towel and went to clean her. 

Claude and Diana looked at each other with relief. "You said you wanted to name her Athanasia, right?" Claude gently removed the hair from Diana's face. "Yes... let's name her Athanasia." Diana said. 

The doctor came back with the princess. She handed her to Diana, who peered down at her with much love on her face. "I'm so happy, your majesty," She uttered. "Our daughter is finally here." 

"Do we have a name for her?" The doctor asked. 

Claude stood up and declared, "We have a new member of the royal family: her royal highness, princess Athanasia de Alger Obelia." The doctor bowed and went outside to spread the news among the maids, who then informed Felix, who then informed the press that, the baby princess Athanasia was safely born. 

Diana was feeling tired and fell asleep. Claude took the sleeping baby from her and gently held her in his arms. Both mother and child were sleeping so peacefully. He closely examined Athanasia. She had pale skin and wisps of blonde hair growing from her head. Her eyelashes were long and golden, much like Diana's. However, when she awoke and opened her eyes, Claude saw the same jewel blue eyes as his. 

Claude smiled happily at this. He knew their baby was going to grow up beautifully.