Rough Roads (Beau Brooks Fanfic)

**Natalie's POV**

I suddenly awoke to what felt like my entire body vibrating. The plane was descending and hit a little turbulence. I closed my eyes tight and couldnt wait for it to touchdown already. Just then, my prayers were answered. Getting off the plane after 22 hours was the most amazing feeling in the world. I quickly stepped off the plane and made my way to the terminal, taking in the Australian air. I could get used to this, I thought to myself.

This country was a whole lot different than my little town in New Jersey. I grew up in a beautiful town in Cape Cod, Massachusettes and then moved to New Jersey before highschool started. Lets just say, I couldnt get far enough away from there after my junior year. I gathered my luggage and headed to the doors of the airport.

I saw a tall man with a sign that said my last name on it, "CONNORS". I waddled over to the man with my big bags and gave him a half-hearted smile.

"Connors?" He asked.

"Thats me." I said hoping he would help me with my stuff before I toppled over. He suddenly gave me the biggest smile and jumped to take my bags. Wow, I think I might just like it here, I thought.

"Welcome to Australia Ms. Connors!" He said enthusiastically.

"Thankyou!" I said as energetically as I could for being on a plane with almost no sleep. The man drove me to my apartment in what I believe is Glenroy, Australia. I had never seen it before today and as we pulled into the driveway I thought to myself, This is so perfect.

It was simple, 2 stories, white, 2 bedrooms, 2 and 1/2 bathrooms, a decent sized kitchen, a living room, and a dining room. The neighborhood was lovely, I could tell it was nearby a school because I heard the voices of teenage boys yelling and laughing. Most of my furnature and stuff hadnt gotten to the apartment yet so I needed to figure out where I would put everything.

Being 17 and on my own was going to be difficult but I knew id be happier here. Just then a big truck pulled into my driveway and I squealed like a little girl, because I felt like such a grown up... Not after that though. I made my way downstairs and let the men into the apartment. After a few minutes of unloading boxes, I heard voices whispering nearby.

After a few minutes of inaudible whispering I heard a voice say "COME ON!" To another. Pretending not to hear, I kept minding my own buisness and picked up a box. It was alot heavier than I thought, so I started struggling with it and almost dropped it, until two muscular arms grabbed it from me.

I looked up to see two beautiful green eyes looking into mine. "Need some help?" he laughed.

"oh..uh, yeah thanks" I said smiling, entranced by this boys eyes. From around the corner, another boy followed him over, smiling at me.

"I'm Beau, and this is Daniel, but you can call him Skip" he said with gorgeous twinkling eyes.

" Hi I'm Natalie" I said as friendly as possible.

"You're American?!" The second boy, Skip, almost shouted in disbelief.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" I said blindly.

"You don't have an accent" Skip said. Oh. Right. Great first impression Nat.

" Yeah I guess not" I said trying to play it off.

"So how old are you?" Beau said trying to make conversation.

"17" I said quickly, not surprised by their reaction.

"Wait, what? And you're here all by yourself??" Beau asked.

"Yeah well its kind of complicated but I'm sure i'll get used to it soon" I said trying to avoid explaining things. The boys then helped me with most of the boxes while we talked.