The Feeling Is Mutual

Newest cover on the story itself is made by @LouiselovesBizzle, thank you!

**Natalie's POV**

I took little steps the entire walk though the hospital corridors, and once I set my sights on a vacant wheelchair, its was like a fast and furious movie... cripple edition. Zooming past the other boys and laughing at their calls of; "Cheater!" and "Get back here cripple!", I finally got to Beaus room. After a small victory dance, I pushed open the door to find a darkened room.

"Where's Beau?" I asked aloud, knowing he couldn't have gone home since we were all out eating dinner. The boys gathered around his vacant bed in confusion and started looking for him in cabinets, under chairs and in the bathroom.

Rolling my eyes at their stupidity, I wandered over to the nurses desk, and asked them for Beau's patient information.

"He was just brought down for an MRI, he should be back in about 10 minutes if you want to wait." She said politely.

"Sure, thank you very much." I said, turning on my heel to tell the boys. When I walked in, the boys were still looking through every crevice, and I thought maybe I should just sit back and watch.

"Yeah, don't forget to look in those cups, maybe he shrunk." I laughed to Jai, who was throwing around the blankets and pillows.

"Ha-ha, did you find out where he is?" He sarcastically laughed.

"He's getting an MRI, he'll be back in about 10 minutes." I said.

"What's an MRI?" Daniel asked.

"It's a bracelet that gives you magical powers." James joked.

"Oh come on you dick, what is it?" He asked again.

"It's a scan that is used for examining soft tissue in ligament and tendon injuries and other non-bone parts." Luke chimed in.

"Holy shit you sound like a damn dictionary." I gaped.

"Thanks" He said cockily, brushing imaginary dirt off his shoulder. About 7 minutes passed, and finally Beau was rolled in by a male nurse. His eyes lit up when he saw everyone waiting for him and opened his arms, awaiting his hugs.

"When do you find out the results?" Luke asked.

"I'm not too sure, but they can't keep me too long so if they're not ready by the time I leave tomorrow, I'll find out over the phone some time later." He said nonchalantly.

"Wait, so you're finally leaving tomorrow?" I asked excitedly.

"Yeah. around 10 AM I can leave." He said with a soft smile, his fingers interlocking with mine.

"Great, I'll pick you up at ten and then drop you off at home for a bit, unless you want to come talk to Christian with me at 11." I suggested.

"Who's Christian?" He asked, with a hint of jealousy.

"He's the detective who's been on my case for a while." I answered, rubbing his arm to try and relax him.

"You're on a first-name basis with him?" He eyed me skeptically.

"Beau, he's nothing to worry about, you know I love you, you can even come with me every time I have to see him." I offered. He sighed gently.

"I know, and I love you, it's just... what happened to you made me extremely paranoid, and if something like that ever happened again, I'd lose it. I don't know what I'd d without you." He spoke gently, trying to not let the boys who were chatting animatedly by the door overhear.

"Me too, Beau." I whispered, my eyes beginning to water. Life without Beau would be unimaginable, and finally realizing that he felt the same way sparked something in me, that made me feel like I had something to fight for finally. He kissed me gently and laid back on the bed with me, changing the subject onto what I did when I had finally gone home.