hair❤️‍🩹

word count:620
reader does carls hair
~~~

carl laid there, on his back staring down at me. i was on my side just beside him with my leg over him and my head on his chest, hands tangled up in his hair.

it was getting really long. at the start of the apocalypse his mom cut his hair but she was now gone after judith was born so it had grown out quite a bit.

it had nearly gotten to shoulder length and was soft which was quite surprising because he didn't really have anything to brush it, unless he was stealing my hairbrush.

we had both finally gotten showers too since we just got to alexandria which actually had running water. thank god. so it was clean too which felt nice, different to the greasy, sweaty hair i was used to but this felt better.

on the nightstand beside his bed, i noticed the claw clip i usually had in my hair to pull it back when it was dirty. i grabbed it, sitting up and straddling carls lap. 'can i put your hair up?'

he sighed 'do you have to?' he never really liked the idea of me doing his hair but when i was actually doing it he was fine and he loved having it pulled back when it was in his eyes.

i gave him sad puppy dog eyes and nodded 'yes i do. i'm bored.'

he rolled his eyes and sighed again, sitting up. 'fine.' he pecked my lips and i climbed off his lap and sat behind him with the biggest smile i had in weeks. i was kneeling up so i could do his hair.

it wasn't exactly long enough for a claw clip ponytail so i settled for pulling it into a half up, half down with the clip to hold it at the back. i held the a hand mirror up in front of him 'what do you think?'

he giggled at the sight of him with his hair up 'i love it.' i kissed his cheek as i reached over to grab his hat.

i threw it on top of his head and giggled 'now you look hot.' he smiled at my comment, taking the hat off and the clip out.

i frowned at him but smiled again when he said 'you can do something else. anything you want to.' i squealed, at this. i had been waiting for his hair to get long enough for me to put it in french plaits and i finally had the chance.

i sectioned it in half, tying one side off while beginning to french braid the other side. i did them as loose as i could with his hair which was still short but just long enough for this. i didn't want to hurt him too much. i finished one side, repeating what i did on the other and put his hat back on.

he looked in the mirror, laughing as hard as possible 'i look amazing. thank you.' we kissed again, slightly more passionate this time before he pulled away 'we better go to sleep. it's late.'

we laid back how we were earlier and just before i dozed off, i felt carls hat on my head and i smiled into his shirt as i went to sleep.

-time skip-

i woke up the next morning before carl. his hair stayed in the braids all night. rick came into the room quickly to wake us up before he left and he of course couldn't help but laugh at carls hair.

that's when he realised he never took it out and ended up walking round all day with crinkly, frizzy hair which looked adorable on him and judith loved it.

~~~
this was inspired by the events of  my day since my crush let me put his hair up with a claw clip in drama today
as alway, you know by now🫶