richonne🧡

word count:752
requested by:@tatiwashere21
reader and carl try to get rick and michonne together
michonnes child pov
~~~

i burst into carls room, not having any respect for his privacy. 'your dad, my mom. they need to get together. agreed?'

he looked up from his comic book, staring at me in silence for a second 'yeah. yeah they would. it would be kinda cool if they got together.'

'so we convince them.' i propose. 'we need to convince them that they would be a cute couple. if we get them to see it maybe they'll date.'

'they're out at the moment. they should both be back this afternoon. we can sit them down and talk to them about it.' carl suggests.

'yes. good idea.' i walk out, smiling at the fact that my mom could potentially get with rick. she seemed lonely since my dad and little brother died but i could tell she liked rick. she never told me but i could see it.

-time skip-

rick and my mom came through the door together. they were laughing at something rick had said just outside the door but i didn't know what as it was muffled. they saw us and stopped.

i had judith in my arms and carl sat on the arm of one of the chairs when the came and both sat beside each other on the couch. 'what's going on?' rick asked, leaning back and putting his feet up.

i softly stroked judiths back as she began to fall asleep as it was late as i started to say 'well, carl and i were talking and we think...'

'we think you two should hook up.' carl cut me off.

'carl.' i kicked his ankle, making him nearly fall iff the chair. 'don't say it like that.' i looked back at them 'trying to rephrase what he just said. we were talking and we think you two would be good together. like, as more than friends.'

'so you want to convince us to get together?' my mom raised an eyebrow, leaning back and putting her feet up so she was in the same position as rick.

i sighed 'essentially, yes.'

carl began to add 'we just...'

'no. you don't get to speak after what you said a minute ago.' i cut him off like he did to me earlier.

rick spoke up 'look, kids we think it's nice what you're trying to do. but there isn't any time for that in this world. we've both lost people so neither of us should go through that kind of loss again. it just doesn't work in this society.'

i sighed, realising that everything rick was saying was true. but still there was point in trying. both of them were strong and were survivors. except there wasn't any point in fighting it. 'yeah. no that's fair. i'll go put judith down she just fell asleep.'

i carried the baby upstairs and put her in her crib and me and carl went to bed.

-time skip-

it had been an hour since i went to bed. i hadn't gone to sleep, just sat there, reading my book and stuffing my face with chocolate from a secret stash i hid under my bed. carl came in to steal some as a few weeks ago he found me rummaging through the box to find a mars bar. i got the whole thing when i went on runs and found empty stores with candy on the shelves.

all the chocolate had made me thirsty so i got up and headed downstairs to get a glass of water. as i headed down, i heard rick and my mom talking but couldn't hear a thing they were saying as they were keeping quiet.

i headed further down and found them kissing! neither of them saw me so i snuck back upstairs so i wouldn't interrupt the moment and just went to carls room because i needed to tell him. also i knew he had a drink in there.

i didn't bother knocking, walking in and going round the bed to grab his glass of water. i took a sip as his jaw dropped 'what do you think you're doing?'

i put the glass back where it was and explained 'i can't go downstairs. they're kissing and i really want them to get together so i don't wanna interrupt the moment.'

an expression of excitement appeared on his face and from outside the door, we heard them come upstairs and both go into ricks room. we smiled at each other before i disappeared back into my room.

~~~
i really loved this idea so that you for the request.
as always let me know if you liked it🫶