carl❤️

word count:574
carl does something that threatens the readers relationship with enid
~~~

'hey y/n.' i heard my best friend, carl grimes greet me. 'where you going?'

'nowhere. i was just coming back from enids, i was there all day.' i explained. enid and i had been dating for a few weeks now and i really loved her just hadn't told her yet. i thought it was a bit soon to say it.

he nodded 'well i wanted to talk to you about something.' he walked over to the porch, sitting on the steps 'come on, sit.'

i took a seat beside him, pulling my hands into the sleeves of my sweater and playing with some loose strings around the stitching on the wrists. to be honest, i was kind of nervous about what he was going to say. last time he did this, he asked me out and that relationship didn't work, we were better as friends. 'what did you want to talk to me about?'

'well, if i'm honest. i think you and enid are great together, but i've got to say, we were better.' he smirked.

'no we weren't.' i scoffed 'we fought over the smallest things. but when we went back to just friends, we were good again.'

'you just keep telling yourself that.' before i had the chance to respond, he pressed his lips roughly against mine.

i pushed him away, 'carl what the hell?'

and before he could answer, i heard a teary sad voice just in front of the house 'y/n?' it was enid. 'i just came to give your book back, you left it behind. what the hell?' she ran off, tears streaming down her face.

i sighed, running after her 'now see what you've done!' i yelled at carl, following my girlfriend round the corner.

i caught up to her, managing to get a grip on her wrist and stop her from running 'enid wait, let me explain.'

'explain what?' she snapped, turning back to me so i could see her tear stained face and bloodshot eyes. 'let me guess, i'm not enough for you. you miss your relationship with carl so you're cheating on me with him.'

'no.' i protested. 'just let me tell you what happened.' i let go of her wrist and she didn't run, letting me speak. 'he came up to me and asked me to talk. he started saying how my relationship with him was better than my relationship with you but i promise it wasn't. we fought all the time. he kissed me and i was about to scream at him but you showed up. i would never cheat on you. i...i...' i stuttered, eventually blurting out the words i had been scared to say 'i love you enid. i have been scared to say it so far because i didn't know if it was too early but if it's how i feel then that's not something i can control. i love you so much you're the light of my dull miserable life and if i were to die tomorrow, i would regret every life decision if i wasn't with you.'

i put my hands on her cheeks, pulling her into my face and pressing my lips to hers. she was taken by surprise at my gesture but began to kiss me back.

when i pulled away, her tears were no longer in her eyes and her frown hand flipped into a smile. 'i love you too y/n.'

~~~
ahhh enid is actually my wife i want to marry her so bad
as always please let me know your thoughts🫶