bite💖

word count:537
reader gets bitten and died at the farm with maggie beside them
~~~

it had happened. i lifted up my sleeve to see to find blood pouring out of my forearm and teeth marks. i had gotten bit.

this wasn't how i was supposed to go. even before the apocalypse, i was a survivor. i had done anything to keen myself or family and friends safe and now...i was going to die.

i was sat behind a tree at the farm. when everything happened, i went to stay with my girlfriend maggie and her family on her dads farm.

i had gone out on a run as we were running low on some supplies when it happened. thank got they didn't see. but from behind me, i heard a southern accent exclaim 'oh my god! y/n! what the hell happened?!'

i let the tears fall over my face, dropping onto the wound i had rested over my legs. 'i was bit. i'm sorry.'

'come here, my dad can help you.' maggie tried to pull me up and drag me inside to her father, hershel, who used to be a vet but could most likely help people too.

i swatted her away 'no. maggie don't you get it?' i backed away. 'i'm going to become on of those...things! and there isn't anything anyone can do to help.'

she stopped for a minute, swallowing tears. 'okay. yeah. okay. but at least come in. my dad can stay with you so we can put you in the barn the second you turn.' her arms were folded over her chest tightly, and her breathing was shaky. 

'please don't panic. i'll be okay. i promise i will always love you.' i gently kissed her forehead as my arms held her shoulders. 'but promise me one thing.'

she sighed 'well we'll see what it is and i'll decide if it's a promise i can keep.'

i chuckled, 'you always were stubborn. that's what i loved about you. but maggie. you have to promise me that you'll move on. it's no good living in the past when there's danger surrounding you in the present. so please don't dwell on this. just move on and get over me. please.'

'i can't do that.' she shook her head, the last word coming out as a squeak as she held back sobs.

'you have to.' i pleaded. 'i probably don't have long left. if you want me inside when i go we should head up.'

she stopped for a minute before stopping me too. 'wait. it's unsafe and something could happen to beth. i'll go get my dad but you stay here, okay?'

i nodded as she ran up to the house and going to find her dad. i felt my head spin even more than it had been all this time. my knees felt weak as i fell to the floor, my head hitting the soft grass. as my eyelids went heavy, i could see, in the distance, hershel running towards me. he had a stick with a loop at the end in hand. that's what he intended to use to get me in the barn.

as everything went black, i heard maggie scream. this faded out as everything went silent and my body went numb.

~~~
another sad one sorry i'll try to make them happier from now
as always don't forget to let me know what you think like and comment🫶