cellmates❤️‍🩹

word count:670
reader and carl are spending their first night in the prison.
~~~

it was our first night here. the prison. it was dark and gloomy and scary. plus it was my first night i had spent without my mom close by. she had died trying to get us in here.

there were quite a few of us and not enough cells in the cell block the adults had cleared. that lead me to stay in a cell with carl, lori and ricks son.

he was sweet. he always stayed by me, doing his best to protect me and he never failed. he also always made me laugh whenever i felt down. he was the person i knew i would always feel comfortable around or could talk to if i needed anything.

it was the middle of the night. the small, barred window on the far wall of the cell showed it to be pitch black outside, other than the full moon and an endless amount of stars, only slightly illuminating the sky.

i couldn't sleep. i always struggled to sleep in new places. 'carl?' i whispered. 'are you still awake?'

silence. a moment passed and i had believed him to be fast asleep before i hear a voice whisper back 'yeah. what's up y/n?'

i sighed, 'what time is it?'

'near midnight.' he answered. another moment of silence before he said 'you can't sleep either?' he asked, even though it was obvious.

'no.' i answered. 'can i come down and talk to you?'

'of course.' i could hear his smile through his voice.

i smiled as i jumped down from the top bunk, hoping no one heard me crash to the floor. i sat on the end of his bed, near his feet, throwing mine up so they were next to him.

he patted the space next to him 'no, come on you can lay next to me. i don't bite.' he chuckled, moving over to make space for me which i laid down in.

i stared into his electric eyes, the blue still seeming extraordinarily bright even in the dark. i smiled as i looked at every inch of his face, still perfect in the dark. i had to admit, i always liked him, except at the farm when he went through a bitchy phase. other than that i always had a slight crush on him.

as i did this, i felt his thin but strong arms slip around my waist, pulling me even closer if it were possible in that tiny bed. it was really comforting to be that close.

i could see his almost unnaturally blue eyes stare back my e/c ones. 'hey y/n, can i ask you something?'

'of course carl, anything.'

i heard a sigh come from him as i felt his hot breath hit my face that was only inches away 'look , i'm just going to say something. you're an amazing friend so i don't want what i'm about so say ruin our friendship. can you please promise me that?' he begged.

i nodded 'yes carl. whatever it is you have to say, i promise.'

he continued, 'you're really sweet, funny and can always make me laugh. you're really pretty too. you're just amazing. so i was wondering if you would want to be my girlfriend? of course it's cool if not.'

i looked at him in shock. i always wanted to hear those words come from his lips but never thought i would other than in my own imagination.

i rested my hands on his cheeks, 'of course carl. i always wanted to hear you ask that.' i widely grinned, pressing a soft kiss to his lips.

when we pulled away, he reached to the end of the bed by his feet and picked up his sheriffs hat, that his dad gave him, and dropping it on my head. i giggled as it fell forward over my eyes.

i pushed it back and pecked his cheek before resting my head on his chest, pushing the hat to the side, and falling asleep.

~~~
first one done yay.
please like and let me know what you think.🫶