Epilogue

*Epilogue*

"You look beautiful tonight, princess." Teresa's dad said with a huge smile on his face as he swiveled her around the large room filled with guests from different places.

"Thank you Dad." Teresa replied back with her heart filled with joy. 

Here she was dancing in the golden light of the room, her silk straight event dress sweeping the smooth marble floor, with a live band playing her favorite song on such a memorable day.

The day she exchanged vows with the love of her life Jacob Snow.

She couldn't stop a huge smile from making way to her face as she recollected the moment that occurred hours ago. She hasn't felt this happy for some while.

"You know. I'm starting to think maybe I wasn't as smart as I thought." Her dad said while still dancing with her. The eyes of everyone in the room fully focused on them, probably expecting an emotional moment from them both shedding tears. If so, then it would be disappointing to them, as much as she loves her family, she loves Jacob more.

"Huh?" 

"I instructed Jacob to keep an eye on you, and to make sure no make comes near you during your teenage years. Whereas it was he I should have been watchful of." Teresa's dad jokes, chuckling to himself at the memories of the past.

Teresa let out a short laughter, not missing the surprise, curious look on the guests faces. "I still haven't forgiven neither you nor Jacob."

Again her dad chuckled. "I'll miss you my dear."

"I'm still a phone call away if you need me." Teresa reassured him.

Her plain brown eyes located her groom where he stood, instantly her heart skipped a beat, a familiar feeling she was still finding hard to get used to.

His emerald green eyes remained fixated on her, with a smile on his lips. In his eyes she could see how much he really loved and cared for her. 

It took a year and half for her to really adjust to everything that happened to them in the past and for her to stop blaming herself for what happened. The bet, secret and pain of losing their loved ones.

Teresa's gaze shifted to the familiar male beside Jacob. Immediately she felt her heart break again and again. She was reminded of the things she had lost during the past year.

There he was seated on a wheelchair, completely a shell of himself. There was no hiding how broken he was, how shattered his entire body felt. Deep down Teresa feared she wasn't going to get her best friend back.

Gideon was slowly becoming a shadow of himself. The loss of Alexa was too great for him to bear. She knew he blamed himself for what happened that day. But it wasn't his fault. They were just unlucky.

Jacob must have noticed her change of expression as he stride towards her to dance with her, after her dance with her dad was over.

"Hey. You okay?" He asked in concern, pulling her to his warm embrace, as he led her to the rhythm of the music.

"I can't bear to see him like this. He hasn't said a word since he came. Maybe we forced him too hard to attend our wedding." Teresa said in guilt recalling what had happened.

"Teresa." Jacob called her name, prompting her gaze to lock with his. "We had to force him out. Not once has he stepped out of his house since he was discharged from the hospital. He keeps to himself to much, that I fear he might be planning suicide in his head."

"I hope he isn't?"

Jacob shook his head. "No. Hopefully not." His frown slowly eased, making way for a smile on his face. "Now, don't think too much it's our day. Gideon wouldn't want you feeling this way. The last thing he'd need from anyone is pity. He despises it with great passion."

Teresa took in a deep breath before nodding in agreement, letting herself absorb the joyful moment. 

Again her eyes couldn't help to gaze at the other corner far from Gideon. Savannah Rivera's hard burning glare fixated directly on Gideon. One could feel the hatred shooting out from her eyes.

While Teresa blames the death of Alexa on an unlucky moment. And Gideon blames himself. Savannah on the other hand places her full blame on Gideon. She blames him for killing her younger sister.

Teresa doesn't know what the future holds for any of them.

But she knows there was nowhere she'd rather be than in the arms of the man she loved. Jacob.

Maybe the bet wasn't such a bad thing. For it brought them both together.

*************

Thank you for patiently waiting on the epilogue of Jacob's Game.

Lots of Love,
xxinloves