✯Four✯ - The Fiancée

Chapter Four✷

Teresa felt the air on her lungs freezed, the instant her brown eyes took notice of the house she was going to spend a whole week in. One word to describe what she saw from the outside. Home.

The huge one-story wooden cabin stood out into the middle of the forest. The light illuminated the undeniably beauty, bringing light to the already dark surrounding. Wooden pillars standing firm, almost like a passageway leading to the front door. From where Teresa stood she could almost see through the window the beautification of what was to come for her eyes alone.

At the front door eighty-five years old Daniel Snow stood with a walking stick. He must have heard the sound of their car driving through the stony ground. He had a huge smile on his face. The past years knowing Daniel, the sight of people were nothing but joy to him.

His once brown and gray hair had turned completely gray. Aging wrinkles on his face gave him an appeasing look, his Snow's signature green eyes greeted her sight.

Leaning towards Gideon by her side she whispered. "You didn't tell me your grandfather loves nature." She said accusingly, while giving him a stony expression.

In return he smiled at her, somehow she felt there was more he wasn't telling her, "I'm sorry. It skipped my mind"

"I don't know if you tend to miss out some important points, or you just chose not to mention."

He paused for a while staring at her deeply. "I just want you to know whatever is going to happen from here on, please just play along?"

Teresa felt her eyes narrowed on him. "What are you talking about? What again didn't you tell me?"

Gideon mouth opened for a response, but was cut off by the sound of her side door opening. A stretched hand appeared right by the opened door. She lifted her gaze up to lock Jacob's green eyes. "Need help?"

Teresa hadn't realized she and Gideon had spent a while in the car. The door right next to Gideon shut, giving her a que to get out. Accepting Jacob's outstretched hand, the warmth that locked through her was unexpected, she couldn't stop herself from frowning. His hands had felt that way earlier in the plane. Someone as troublesome as Jacob shouldn't be this warm, but he was and she hated it.

As quick as she grabbed his hand, she let it go the minute she stepped out of their rented SUV. She felt Jacob's eyes on her but chose to ignore it as the booming happy voice of Daniel graced her ears.

"Welcome to my humble aboard lovely ladies, and grandsons." He said the latter's like a warning, giving them a careful glare, before offering her and Rachel a breathtaking smile.

There was no denying Daniel must have been a heartbreaker during his youthful years. It must be in the Snow's gene.

"Grandpa Dan. It's lovely seeing you again." Teresa said, as she walked up the small wooden stairs to where he stood, welcoming herself to his warm embrace.

"Oh my child, you've gotten more beautiful during the years. Michael and Elena must be very proud." He said, while pulling her back to get a good look at her.

Teresa fought to keep the blush off her face. "Well, they don't stop telling me so every weekend."

At her word Daniel laughed out loud, his shoulders shaking in laughter, making him appear a couple years younger. "Those parents of yours." He muttered before letting her go to give Rachel a hug.

Teresa felt her eyes drawn to the two young gentlemen visible whispering to each other. Her face contort in confusion concerning what they could be whispering about.