✯Twenty-Five✯ - Savannah Rivera

Chapter Twenty-five

"Taste this." Alexa lifts up a ladle after scooping up a small amount of chicken soup from the pot for Teresa to taste. Teresa opened her mouth to sip a little quantity. "How's it?" Alexa asked, her eyes wide in curiosity. Teresa moue her face while smacking her tongue. Alexa's face fell when she noticed the expression on her. "Is it that bad?"

Teresa shook her head, as she smiled directly at her friend. "No, it's good. I'm just messing with you."

It took a moment for Teresa's review to dawn on Alexa. She gave her a small smack on her shoulder. "Stop joking around just for today. I'm more anxious than before as you can see." Alexa glares at her, while pouting in disapproval.

Teresa chuckled, raising her hands in surrender. "Okay I'm sorry. I'll just move over to the balcony and check when our guests will arrive." She smiled at Alexa's discomfort one last time before heading over to the balcony.

Thankfully there wasn't a single rain today, the whole surroundings were dry, and less cold, giving Teresa the opportunity of not wearing any jacket to yield the cold away. She leaned forward on the railing, casting her eyes down to check the road for any familiar cars.  

Teresa has just gotten back from work an hour ago, to suddenly being welcomed by an overexcited and nervous Alexa. Her elder sister Savannah will be arriving today from Texas. And ever since Alexa hasn't made the awareness skip Teresa's mind.

Gideon had volunteered in picking Savannah up from the airport, as loyal as any boyfriend would be. Alexa had wanted to introduce Gideon to Savannah for the first time, and what better moment than this.

Teresa herself really wanted to meet the closest person to Alexa apart from her. And from what she had heard about the other lady, she seems pretty nice.

It wasn't only Savannah they were expecting. Jacob also was coming to her apartment for the first time to introduce himself to Alexa for the first time. It would probably be the first time Alexa has ever seen Gideon's brother, who was also coming as Teresa's boyfriend.

Teresa bit her lower lip between her teeth as the memory of last night came flashing through her mind. The ecstasy of that night made Teresa squirt on her feet. She knew how much more she wanted. And there was nothing stopping her from getting it sooner and later.

No matter how much Jacob had tormented her life in the past, she couldn't deny the connection between them both. And with time she began to understand the real reason for why he.had done so, and the main reason why she kept running away from him.

Teresa couldn't believe it took Jacob begging her for a chance, for her to realize what she had felt for Jacob all those years wasn't hate. It was fear of wanting something she couldn't have, fear of rejection, fear of what others would think about her. 

When Jacob did all those things to her in the past for her attention, she fully understood. Funny how life works, the one she wanted by was afraid to admit it to and only ran, was busy trying to bring her back into his life.

Teresa knew soon she was going to admit the truth to him very soon. Breaking the last piece of walk between them will be the best thing to do, trusting him will be the better step.

She noticed the familiar SUV car of Gideon coming down the road and quickly ran back into the living-room yelling. "They're here! They're here."

Alexa straightened her spine in alert. "Already? But I'm not done yet." She said in frustration, her movement became quick in making things faster. While brushing her short flay yellow armless gown. "Help me set the table."