✯Eight✯ - Lakewood

Chapter Eight

Somehow along the way Jacob had dropped her down on her feet. Granting her the freedom of walking along with him, to a place unknown to her. 

The more deeply they both walked into the forest, the more irritated Teresa was beginning to feel as the cold creeped into her skin. The large tee shirt from last night did nothing to shield the shivering arms of cold.

Teresa's eyes found their way to Jacob's back, the image of him cutting the wood back then imprinted in her mind. There was no denying how muscular the man was. And the most annoying part of it all was he knew it.

"I guess Gideon told you already?" She asked, lifting her leg higher to avoid tripping on the huge stone on the path. He said nothing as he kept walking ignoring her. "Jacob!" She yelled, stomping her feet on the sandy, stony, and fallen leaf ground, refusing to move an inch any longer.

Finally, he halted, slowly turning to face her. For the first time since she stepped both her legs to Lakewood she saw his face was completely blank, and emotionless. He stared not saying a word. The longer he stared the more Teresa felt uncomfortable.

"Do you plan to stare a huge hole into me?" She said sassily, placing her hands on her hips, while leaning on her right feet.

Jacob chuckled, shaking his head in amazement. Rubbing his hairless beard, his eyes came back to the normal sparkle she knew of in just the small time spent with him. "Come. We shouldn't waste a second here. I need to show you something." He stretched his hand for her to take. 

Teresa stared at it for a while, contemplating if that was a good idea. She decided to ignore his gesture, as she walked past him, wrapping her arms around her. "Where is it you're leading me, if I may ask?"

She heard the sound of his footsteps following behind her. The sound of leaves and twigs crushing underneath their feet. "Somewhere special." He replied in such softness that made Teresa's inside jump unexplainably. "We're close." He added in a breathless tone.

As they both walk in silence, except for the sound of both their feet. She felt the atmosphere shift. The smell of something fresh hit her nose. It was a smell she could explain. A large warm hand covered her elbow pulling her back, making her jolt at the sensation it had brought to her. Only Jacob's touch does that to her since the night he had caught her sneaking her ex boyfriend into her house one night.

Teresa could remember him, dashing into her room with her father in troll, a clear anger written in his emerald green eyes, as it ignited in a burning flame ready to burn her to the ground. She vividly recollected how he was quick to drag her away from her ex boyfriend on the bed, who had a baffled and scared look on his face. The intensity his hold brought, almost made Teresa's leg unsteady.

"Not there." He whispered so close to her ear, she could feel the warm breath touching the perk of her ear, making her straighten her spine to resist shivering by his unexpected act.

Jacob pulled her to the direction by her left where the trees were almost scanty. She could feel his hand trail down softly from her elbow to take a hold of her hand, tangling their fingers together. 

Surprised at his action, she fumbled to pull her small hands away from his large rough ones. It only made him grip it even more tight than before. Her mouth opened to voice out her discomfort , but he shushed her immediately, dismissing her unvoiced words.

His 6.3 feet height towered her 5.6 feet height. She had always felt small in his presence, with the boldness of his shoulders. Jacob had been a very large kid like she had said earlier, he matured really quickly physically, making highschool girls flock around him trying to get his attention, in addition to the perfect face, except for the small crook on the bridge of his nose he had probably gotten throwing a few punch in the past.