✯Twenty-Six✯ - Friendly Dinner

Chapter Twenty-Six

Teresa ended the call from her parents immediately due to their weekend callings. She sighs deeply, her breath could be heard around the empty restroom.

Checking herself in the mirror to see if her light makeup was smudged. Satisfied with what she saw. She straightened up her spine and cornflower blue tight dress before stepping out from the restroom.

She headed straight to the reserved table occupied with Jacob, Gideon, Alexa and Savannah, she could see them talking as they had their meal.

While walking towards their direction her eyes skimmed around the surrounding area again since she came in here with the others. Jacob had asked his secretary Rachel to book a private space for everyone.

Teresa knew how much it must have cost Jacob to have gotten this place for them. She was in surprise when he had stopped his car in front of Jill&Mill; one of the most know restaurant here in New York. She had always wished to have gone there, but the price kept chasing her away. And imagine Jacob taking her and others here.

She knew it wasn't a surprise he had chosen here of all places. Teresa could vividly remember telling him about wanting to go to Jill&Mill. The thought he had been paying attention to every little thing she has been saying while they were on a date, warmed her immensely.

Teresa couldn't be any happier with the way things have been going between her and Jacob. She even got to know how gentle and attentive he really was, not a single thing goes unnoticed by him.

The yellow and purple tulip still kept coming every three times a week. Deep down she wouldn't admit that not receiving such flowers from him wouldn't make the week complete. She was beginning to love it and see it like her normalcy.

"Oh! Here she is." Alexa's chippy voice rang through her ear. She shifted her attention to her friend to notice the huge smile on her face. These days Alexa has always been happy, and bright, probably due to having everyone she cared about around her.

Teresa chuckled as she took the chair she was once seated on before having to take her parents' call. "What have you guys been gossiping about me?"

"I just happened to receive rather shocking news. You never did tell me those flowers that nearly ran me mad were from Jacob. How could you still keep such a thing from someone you call your friend after all this while?" Alexa said, placing her right hand to her chest, forging hurt and betrayed.

Teresa couldn't resist rolling her eyes at her friend's dramatic behavior. "It slipped my mind?" She mumbled, before helping herself with the Italian spaghetti she had ordered. Her eyes diverted to the man by her side who was gazing at her in admiration.

She felt her heart skip a bit. It was something she finds her heart doing anything she saw those look in his eyes, or he was this close to her. She couldn't deny how handsome Jacob looked today, but her favorite place she finds herself staring at since this Saturday evening, was Jacob's kissable lips.

Teresa saw how his eyes had darkened in what she had finally come to know as desire, she could only guess her eyes said the same thing. Quickly she disconnected her eyes from his, while having a sip from her wine glass.

"I spoke to Savannah last night about following her to Texas-" Alexa's news broke the silence, before Gideon's voice interrupted whatever she was about to say next.

"What do you mean?" An angry Gideon spoke, he quickly dropped his fork to place his entire attention on his girlfriend. His frown and glare showed how he wasn't aware of such a decision. "How come you didn't tell me of such a plan? Do you plan to permanently move there?" The last question was spoken in what she knew as fear.