✯Twenty-Two✯ - A Car In The Driveway

Chapter Twenty-Two

Sundays were just as normal as other days. Quiet, peaceful and relaxing. Alexa's afternoon talk made it even more normal like always.

Both ladies were seated in the living-room with the TV screen turned on showing their favorite daily program they had missed last night due to Gideon's sudden visit. Alexa's rumbling mouth disagreeing on the character the lead role was playing.

"I swear if I were to catch the writer of this drama, I'd strangle him or her. What the heck was he or she thinking about writing such a thing down for someone to play? Whoever it was should have thought hard on not making the lead character this stupid in this particular episode." Alexa groans out in frustration. Her glare shot laser shot on the screen.

Teresa let out a small laugh at the way her friend was overreacting. She was certainly overdramatic right now. Maybe it's one of the things about being a writer. Not that Teresa cares, her only interest was just to watch and see how the drama ends at the final episode.

This has always been their thing. Watching a particular new drama that is uploaded every once a week till it comes to an end. She'd never trade the moment with Alexa for anything. 

Alexa was like the sister she never had in her life. The bond between them will be something she'd miss if either one of them decides to go to their places or get married. 

Though there are times that they had their disagreement, the happy times cover up for the other negative side. Arguing with whoever we live with is a very natural thing, so Teresa completely understands. If people living together haven't had one disagreement once since living under one roof, then both individuals aren't being very honest with themselves.

"Before I forget." Alexa spoke out while the drama was still ongoing, diverting her gaze towards Teresa seated and resting her back at the curved edge of the couch, while Alexa was the other, with a pack of Lays chips on both their hands.

Teresa gave her a brief glance before returning her eyes back to the screen. "What's it?"

"Savannah is coming to New York on Tuesday. She wants to spend her one week leave with me and explore the city. So I told her she could stay here  If you don't mind." Alexa said carefully. Teresa could feel her eyes on her, painfully waiting for her response.

Teresa smiled at her friend. "I don't."

The frown on Alexa's face evaporated, giving way for a huge grin that almost blinded Teresa. "You're the best." She squeals, jumping on Teresa's body to show her gratitude.

Savannah Rivera is Alexa's elder sister from a different mother. Though toth ladies were stepsisters, there was no breaking the bond between them both. Alexa loves Savannah just as much as Savannah loves her. 

But that doesn't change the fact that Alexa's family hates Savannah for reasons Teresa found isn't the poor lady's fault.

Alexa's mother Georgia found it hard to conceive for years, which almost brought a huge damage to the family. During that trialing moment, Alexa's father Ronald had an affair with a prostitute he had met in a strip club, getting her pregnant at the process.

She had wanted to abort the baby, but Ronald, wanting a child of his, paid her a huge sum of money to keep the baby and when the day came after giving birth to the baby, she'd leave the baby for him and his wife. 

Though his wife hadn't taken the news of his infidelity well, the predicament has almost brought a divorce papers on their table till the thought of raising a child without the other woman present changed it all.