Day 11

Day 11: Write a scene where one of the characteres is a musician

"This is one of my favorite places," whispered Oliver, though I wasn't sure why he was whispering. He led me to a wildly twisting tree that had conviniently level branches to sit on. He gestered for me to sit down, and he did the same right beside me. 

"It's beautiful," I complemented, taking in the picturesque surroundings; a ground covered in flaky golden leaves, a cloudless blue sky, a fairly still lake, and a tire swing attached to a branch on one of the trees around us.

"Thanks," he grinned, pulling his guitar onto his lap and running his long fingers down the strings. "My gramps used to take me down here every summer when I was little," A smile graced his lips at the memory, and for a moment he seemed consumed in a flashback before he turned to me and grinned.

"You wouldn't happen to, er, have that guitar pick, would you?" he asked with a cheeky look that revealed his dimples. 

And I knew exactly what guitar pick he was talking about. The one he tossed to me the night we met. The one that said 'Jemilia' in scribbled Sharpie. The one that was tucked away in my pocket at this very moment.

I debated lying to him and telling him that I had either left it at home or misplaced it -- but we all knew that wasn't true. It was with me most of the time, though I would never admit that to him.

After what seemed like ages of me arguing with myself, I plucked out the little pick from my jeans' pocket, and held it out to him. I didn't dare say anything, because my mouth was dry and I'm sure my cheeks were turning crimson. 

Oliver's blue eyes lit up as he saw the tiny object in the palm of my hand, and he slipped it in between his fingertips. 

"You kept it," he whispered with a boyish smile. 

"Of course I did," 

We sat in silence for a moment before he started strumming a few chords on his beautiful accoustic guitar.

"I'm warning you, this is gonna be really cliche," he laughed, and I couldn't help but laugh along with him. 

"Take my hand, Take a breath, Pull me close, Take one step, And let the music be your guide.. "

Just by the first stanza, I knew the song and a happy childhood memory of watching High School Musical flashed through my mind. 

And my lips pulled into the widest smile they could possibly muster.

Oliver noticed my enchanted reaction, and he grinned and continued singing with his melodic voice.

"Won't you promise me, We'll keep dancing, Wherever we go next..

It's like catching lightning, the chances of finding someone like you

It's one in a million, the chances of feeling, the way we do

And with every step together, we just keep on getting better

So can I have this dance?"

And with the last line of the chorus, he pulled his guitar strap off his shoulders and held out a hand with a sheepish smile plastered across his face.

And how could I resist?

IT'S BACK!

I'm so happy to be writing this again, eeep! c: Sorry for my recent absence on Wattpad, it's spring break and it has already started out very busy. But I had a whole free day today so I'm writing as much as possible! :) 

I really liked this one, heheh. c: I just love HSM so freaking much, and Troy & Gabriela are just perfect, ack. xD 

If you don't know this song [I highly doubt it] the video of the origional HSM one is one the side --> #goodtimesss

Anyhoot, vote, comment, and look out for any other updates I might have in store! c:

-Zoya<3 x