Day 9

Day 9: Write a scene with one character, alone.

I was never the type of girl to have a diary.

I never needed to script my thoughts and daily events down into a sparkly book with a heart lock, or vent my feelings out to a notebook.

I had no need for one; my life was relatively normal. I had crushes after crushes, a group of great friends, and every aspect that a normal teenager would have.

I guess I never saw a need for a diary.

But I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to have one. If jotting down my random thoughts that occured throughout my head would make anything different or change my perspective.

So, for two dollars I bought a small notebook covered in a vintage pattern, including a little silver lock and key. I fished out an ink pen from my drawer and opened the book to the first blank page.

I questioned myself for a moment before I scribbled the date upon the top of the page; February 24th, 2013.

Directly underneath it, I wrote the words; Dear Diary -- which, to be honest, felt extremely sappy to be writing.

And without another thought, I began mindlessly scripting everything I was feeling. From the butterflies that occured when Oliver's blue eyes would travel to my green ones, to the feeling of the guitar pick in my left pocket, to the songs that would describe how I was feeling.

Surprisingly, for never having a diary, the thoughts spewed out like I had been doing this everyday. Whether I was doing this right or not, it didn't really matter.

My thought flow didn't stop until I had reached the last line on the page. FInishing off the entry with my signature and an 'x' my eyes skimmed over the words once more.

'Dear Diary,

I'm new at this. Nineteen and never once had tried to jot down my emotions on paper. But I'm gonna give it a go..

You see, "Diary", nothing much happened today, so I'll just start off by telling you something (or someone) that's been on my mind lately.

Oliver Craig.

He's a gem, really. He has impecible taste in music and his blue eyes are always making they're way into my (by comparison) dull ones. And plus, he's a superb singer. And magnificent on the guitar...'

I couldn't bare to read on, because re-reading this, I felt like such a hormonal school girl, giggling over some popular jock.

I would have erased the entire thing and started over, making sure that I sounded more presentable this time. But for one, I wrote in pen, so I couldn't erase it even if I wanted to. Plus, I don't think you're supposed to edit things. And, most likely no one would read this.. I'm hoping.

Feeling contempt, I shut the book and locked it with the dainty silver key, and stowed it away underneath my dresser.

Until next time, Diary.

~'~'~'~'~

'Elloooooo. c:

Ugh, I haven't updated this in forever. :c And just when I thought I was keeping up with it! Haha, but hopefully I'll be able to update this more, because I really really love writing it! And I hope you all enjoy reading it, as well. :)

Dedicated the the fab @junebugz2013 because Shanie is not only one of my closest friends in real life, she's an amazing author, and you all should go check out her first ever fanfiction "Love Me Love Me Not"! :D

Go spam her newsfeed with votes and comments and fans. ;D

Please vote, fan, and comment on this. :)

I hope you all enjoyed it! ;D

-Zoya<3 x