chapter 16|dinner

*a bit of a skip to the weekend
I woke up around 11 finding something to wear. I'm one of those people who have lots clothes and thinks that there's nothing to wear.
I decided to wear my grey turtle-neck dress from missguided.

I prepared the dinner with my mum and the. set the table out.

I finished setting the table out and went to the bathroom to curl my hair and put some makeup on.

I ran down to the door and welcomed the Johnson's in. I opened the door and saw a sleeve of tattoos inked everywhere and a girl with dark red hair. they must be Casey's brother and sister, Chet and Coral.

"hey I'm Coral and this is Chet" Coral said

"hi, nice to meet you"

I greeted their parents and welcomed Casey in.

"you look really nice"

"thanks. you don't look bad yourself Johnson"

they all sat down at the dinning area and had their own conversations before I served dinner. I ran to the door as I heard a knock and opened the door. it was Brad. I never invited him.

"hey. you alright"

he made his way in before I could even answer his question.

"Mr Dayes. Hi. I'm Lauren's girlfriend."

"Mr Dayes? We're not related. He's my mum's boyfriend"

"Oh, I'm sorry" Casey said feeling embarrassed

While I set the table on the counter, Brad sat next to the spare seat next to my mum.
***
"So Lauren what do you do, not that I don't know. Casey always talks about you"

"Mum!"

"It's okay. it's cute that you talk about me. And I'm still a student"

***
"I'll text you"