05|

After that night with Casey, I felt like I could be myself around him and I also realized that he does care about me, but I can't let him know that I know, I have to get him tell me himself.

Along the way to school, I was bombarded with teenage girls who I don't know and questions like: 'how do you know Casey?' 'Why were you with him'

Why does it actually matter if I was with him or that I know him? If I didn't know him, then they wouldn't be bothered with me anyway.

I sat down somewhere quiet, so that I can get away from everyone. If you can tell, I don't really like the attention.
Someone sat down beside me, I didn't take notice of who sat next to me, so I didn't care who it was. I heard a husky voice next to me.

"Lauren?"

"Charlie?"

"Hi. I saw you getting mobbed along the way to school, so I followed you here to see if you're alright"

"Yeah, I'm alright thanks"

"Good. That's good"

...

Charlie lifted his head and looked at me for a second and asked "do you like Casey?"

"Casey? Yeah. He's my friend"

I obviously knew that he was asking if I had feelings for him, but to be honest I don't even know myself and also because I didn't want to hurt Charlie's feelings if he still likes me.

"I mean, if you like him more than a friend? He asked.

"Uh, I have to go somewhere" I said quickly.

"I'm your only friend here"

"Then I'll make new friends"

I don't need a friend. I already have a friend and her name is Natalie. He just doesn't know because of the X Factor and such. When he was on the X Factor, I had to make a friend, so me and Natalie are now best friends.

"Nat, I need to talk to you"

"Sure thing. About what?"

"It's about Casey"

"Casey? 'As in your supposedly to be boyfriend' Casey

"Yes. I mean no. I don't know. I do like him, I just don't know if I am ready to be in a relationship, I don't want things to be like last time"

"It won't, I promise. If you are both ready, then you would know"

"Thanks. I am so lucky to have you as my friend"