34. an ending

13/3/23

will

i look over at mike as we stroll down together in the light drizzle. a row of shop-houses that were empty. a quiet, empty street that nature took over.

its really a hidden jem.

but though with the environment and just us together was perfect. there was something on my mind i absolutely hated. mike hasn't really ever said i love you after the first two months of dating.

maybe im over thinking it, but he does so much for me, i love him but I never got a clear answer if he does too.

if we were to break up there would be too much history because it's not the same as jane. they both admit they never really liked eachother and heck never really acted more then friends.

i don't think i could handle it if he talked

.

the light drizzle turned to a heavy storm, rain was pouring down like a pail of water.

"will,come here"

i watched as mike lifted up his jacket and formed a tent around himself, signaling me to come under. i quickly joined him as we ran towards a small sheltered area.

i shimmied off some water and shook my head. smiles were shared between us, and it grew into laughter. just the two of us.

we were absolutely drenched,

̶i̶ ̶l̶̶o̶̶v̶̶e̶ ̶h̶̶i̶̶m̶ 

i looked at him as he looked around in a drenched white shirt, don't know what to say.

in a  moment he picked up my awfully cold hands with his strangely even colder hands.

"will you know, i only want three things in life now, to kiss you to hug you and to see you"

i laughed at his stupid remark, looking down at the silver ring bearing my name on it.

"and where did you get that line from, google?"

"you're actually right,"

I grasped the hands around mine tighter and moved closer to mike, making the space between us smaller.

im going to try my luck, even if that means ruining a perfect moment.

"mike, you know I love you, right?"

I smiled at mile hoping for an I love you back.

"I know will, me too, I do too."

shit.

"do you love me?"

"of course I do will why would you even ask that,"

I cut him off letting go of his hands backing a way a little bit.

"but you never say it, I love you mike. and I love all your stupid little gifts and I know you're telling me you love me but even in notes, every thing is from mike. when is it every going to be love mike."

"will,"

"no mike I need you to tell me now, please"

he just stared at me, I don't know what it means. his mouth was moving but nothing was coming out.

"because will,"

I stood there waiting for him to continue, but caught him looking at something else.

i looked down at the necklace i bared.

"i love you,"

i stared at him nodding my head slightly signaling him to continue, thats all i wanted to hear but i need a reason from him. i dont want him to feel like he has too.

"and im sorry i dont say it anymore, trust me its not because i dont want to. im just scared that one day you'll realise you're too good for me. and if that day were to ever happen it would somehow make it, hurt more."

he stopped to take a breath. more was coming. everything about now was so genuine. it was us, a present time where i wouldn't want to be in but would kill to re-live

"will i felt like my life started the day you left me that note, you were wearing that green corduroy jacket, you blended in with the plants. for a while i was convinced you were a god."

he stopped in a laugh, not taking his eyes off of me. this was more than i ever needed.

"since i met you will, you set my whole body on fire. good days with you felt so happy and filled with joy, bad days with you were painted with blue, every day with you was always filled with colours. because you're my sunshine. i love you on your good days. i love you on your bad days, i loved you everyday since you stopped by at my cafe. i love you for who you are, and i cant lose you. i could lose anyone and wouldn't care but if i lost you i would lose everything."

i closed the distance i had put between us, i rushed towards him and wrapped my arms around his neck, keeping them there like chains.

i put my head on his shoulder, holding him oh so tight. he didn't hug back immediately, for a while just stood there. but slowly he put his hand around my back.

holding me tighter then i was holding him. the rain still pouring heavily around us.

"im sorry"

i dug myself deeper into his neck as i said that.

"for what?"

"for making you say all that"

his throat vibrated as he chuckled, strumming through my whole body.

"i don't say i love you enough, but i am definitely inlove"

he let go and i pulled away, still holding onto him but enough to get a good view of his face.

he pauses,

"you're my best friend"

you can hear it in the silence, you can hear it in the rain. you are in love, we are in love.

"are we going to be ok?"

"don't think about that right now,"

"look into my eyes and tell me we're going to be ok forever"

"we're ok, i love you"

"i love you"

words: 1010

and that's a wrap DAMN i can't believe this is over but thank you for all the support i get so happy whenever i see you vote my story or leave a comment it really is amazing.  i am launching a new book today or tomorrow so be sure to check that out !!