30. just a party

will

it was christmas eve, of course jane being jane she had to throw a big party for christmas.

weirdly she and max have become good friends, they're always talking about mike though so im not really sure.

i wandered around max's house, the same familiar space except full of people.

steve must be in tears right now.

i walked over to her kitchen to grab punch. i dont actually know what's inside it but im nearly 17 what's the worse that could happen.

i took the full cup walking upstairs, dragging myself into max's bedroom which was surprisingly not a highschool hook-up sight.

i opened her window and basically shoved myself out on the roof top.

.

"will it's almost christmas are you not coming down?"

i turn behind to see jane standing behind the window. i watched as she climbed outside joining me on the roof, sitting down next to me.

"so? its just christmas."

"i mean don't you want to spend it with your friends, with mike?"

with mike, i do want to but i don't really want to be in a huge crowd.

"i do but i wanna stay here actually,"

"wait what's in your hand"

i watched her eyes fixate on the cup in my hand, i whirled the drink around and turned back to jane.

"just punch, why?"

"oh i should leave,"

"jane what in the punch?"

"bye will"

"jane?"

what was in the damn punch.

she got up and waddled back to the window rushing downstairs, honestly i really want to know .

.

10 minutes before christmas , im on the rooftop of my best friends house, at my sisters party. and single. i want to be with mike, but i would be moving on too fast. 

i mean obviously i broke up with dawson for mike and everybody knows about our more then friends thing but honestly its so much more then that.

its so simple going back a forth, but so hard to finally pull back.

oh speaking of the devil, i heard the window creak, a heavier weight.

"hey will,"

heard that enough today.

i looked as mike sat down next to me giving out a sigh. he didn't say anything, just silence really.

maybe he knew my stupid reason for being gloomy.

"so why are you sitting down here with me when all the popular kids are down there"