Slain

Jess.

Maybe it's the voices that return me to consciousness, maybe it's the rippling of electricity right underneath my skin. My body trembles, not quite ready to give up. Although, I am quite tired. Draugr is powerful, almost too powerful. I held my own for longer than I expected, but he had, unsurprisingly, delivered a blow that sent me crashing to the ground below me.

A shiver in the air causes my eyes to fly open. For some reason I can't explain, I feel strong again, like I hadn't just fought the Alpha Vampire. More like I'd woken up from a restful nights sleep. Without hesitation, I jump to my feet, in a low crouch. My eyes scan the scene in front of me. They widen when I see my hybrid standing a few feet from me.

In his hand, is his Blade, glowing brilliantly in an array of colors that speak of his soul. He's taken an offensive stance, waiting for Draugr's next move. He will not be waiting alone. Using the electricity in the air that's radiating off of him, I barely have to focus as the air in my hand shifts into my own Blade.

When he opens his eyes, they immediately move to the weapon in his hands, and only seconds later, his gaze falls onto me. I grin at him, letting him know I'm ready.

"Now, let us continue," He says in a voice that sends a shiver down my spine.

Draugr is looking at him with a look of sheer terror on his face, and it causes my grin to only grow. I roll my sword backwards over my hand, and catch it with a quick flick of my wrist. I slowly bring it out to the side, pointing the tip away from me, with my eyes on Draugr as I wait for the one beside me to make his move.

With a quickness that even surprises me, he rushes the vampire, and their swords clash. I move to the right, making a wide arc as I covertly attempt to get behind Draugr, who is busy trying to parry the blows from my hybrid.

This foe is not mine to end, it's his. So I will give it to him. Distracted, I am able to come up behind Draugr, and feel my sword shimmer out of existence. I feel my wings sprout from my back, and I begin running at the back of Draugr, who is sending frenzied blows, too terrified to be bothered with strategy.

When I'm a few yards behind him, I leap, and my wings carry to him. I land on his shoulders, and he lets out a loud shriek of surprise. He attempts to bring his sword up to me, but my hybrid blocks him, their swords clanging loudly around us.

I wrap my legs under his armpits, hindering the movement of his arms. My hands come under his chin, and I grip his throat, and he shrieks again. I sink my nails into the skin under them, and look to my hybrid, who looks shocked. My eyes slit, and I use my free hand to grab a handful of Draugr's hair, yanking his head back.

"NOW!" I shout, moving my hand away from Draugr's throat.

With no way to block the blade, it pierces his neck. Faster, and necessarily, I untangle my legs from his arms and shove myself backwards before the werewolf's blade's tip can pierce me. The force only causes Draugr's neck to slide down against the blade. Draugr drops to his knees, and the blade slides out of him, allowing his body to slump over into a pile on the ground.

With a heavy sigh, I meet my battle partner's gaze, "Well, that was easy." I chuckle, glancing at Draugr's body laying in a heap between the two of us.