Development..?

This is the first time I've questioned one of Jess's statements, but after the day I've had something in me has shifted (no pun intended). I feel different. After killing 30 vampires, almost killing Cameron, and potentially innocent people, losing control of my body, and hearing from Bestla...I AM different.

I see Jess differently too. I hate to say it, but I was looking at life through the eyes of a child. (At least on the inside)

I'm not saying that's wrong but I hadn't even considered life and death much less RULING. Which is pretty terrible given the fact that I'm in love with a princess. I'm beginning to think that it's important to see the world both as it is and how it could be.

With that thought, I have to admit that part of me has always wondered if I was right for her. If it was okay to be with her. If I DESERVED to be with her.

I think about Cameron's words a year ago. And everything that's happened today.

"Is that what you really think? Or is that what you think I want to hear?"

The words leave my mouth before I've realized I've even formed them. I feel guilty, but I feel like something about her first answer didn't feel complete. It felt like it was the Jess I love talking, but after today I'm no longer satisfied with that. I want to...no, I NEED to know Jess the princess. The future queen. I want to love her too.

If I'm supposed to rule, if she's supposed to rule, then I can't let her keep anything separate from me. I'm not sure what my rule looks like. But I'm sure I don't want to do it without her.
______________________________________

After she delivers her second answer I can't help but smile. I wasn't sure if she would show me the future queen. But she did, my entire body feels warm, and my tension releases. She smiles back at me, "How are you going to rule?" She asks.

It's funny because, before her answer, I didn't have an answer to that question. Rule the magic huh?

I stand and reach my hand over my shoulder with the imagery in mind of a black cloak with gold edges and accents. It begins to materialize as I bring my hand over my shoulder wrapping it around me. (I'm so glad that worked because if it hadn't I would have looked really stupid)

"The answer is simple..." I say in a voice I'm not quite familiar with.

"I'm going to be who I really am; magic, wolf, child, and man. How will I rule?"
I turn to her and offer my hand to help her up. "I'm going to rule with you."